News   Jul 12, 2024
 229     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 378     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 220     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

Even Keesmaat is backing Tory now. I hope someone else interesting runs but I think they are all backing out. Tory is just about crazy enough to keep to his promise of limiting himself to two terms. That makes the real race to replace him off in 2022.

Tory has lost my vote. I'm still happy that we have him this time over Doug Ford, but with his recommendation that Centennial Park Stadium be renamed for Rob Ford, I feel nothing but revulsion for him at the moment. Thank goodness that sanity reigned at City Hall tonight and Tory lost, and lost badly: 11-24 is pretty solid.

Here's how everyone voted:

FordStadiumVote.jpeg

So, 11 idiots, 8 gutless wonders (unless some of them had valid reasons to miss the vote) and 1 nepotist with a conflict of interest.

Attachments

• FordStadiumVote.jpeg
    FordStadiumVote.jpeg
    258.1 KB · Views: 240
What Tory did was a calculated move. He supported the motion and voted in favor of it, knowing it would fail. Now Doug can't attack him for not supporting it.
While this MAY be true I think it is symptomatic of John Tory's lack of any backbone. He clearly reacts to avoid conflicts with Ford Nation (speed limits, bike lanes, Gardiner repairs, subway to nowhere etc etc). Of course, he is better than Doug the Thug but we REALLY can do better than "Ford Lite".

While this MAY be true I think it is symptomatic of John Tory's lack of any backbone. He clearly reacts to avoid conflicts with Ford Nation (speed limits, bike lanes, Gardiner repairs, subway to nowhere etc etc). Of course, he is better than Doug the Thug but we REALLY can do better than "Ford Lite".
Agree. Tory is just a slicker Ford in a sharper suit.

I agree he avoids conflicts but not so sure about the "Ford lite" to be honest. Tory supports a few hybrid versions of some of the "Left" and Fords preferences and Tory will likely support some items in its entirety like bike lanes, and support more council seats. Not bad really given the fact Ford wakes up everyday with 20-30% City support that isn't going anywhere for now. Tory takes flak from both sides so Id say he has a bigger spine than most who just fall in line with the non-compromising political platforms of today. Until "Fordian" politics are no longer relevant (and they still are), the City needs to find ways to grow thru its pains and he really isn't that bad for either side. Many voters who bag endlessly on Tory will still vote for him when push comes to shove because the truth may be that we really cant do better.

Last edited:
Also keep in mind that Council can now push to rename something after Pam McConnel without looking like they are holding a double-standard against Robbie.
council does use double standard. Shelly was on 1010 this morning trying to defend the decision and as Christie blachart said, the things in the city that were named after people of inconsequtial significance is unreal and as she also said . council has no time for Ford as they say he was a drug addict yet anyone else with an addiction is in a different camp. My goodness they opened up those injection sites not even approved by council in parks to save people. I did not approve of Ford for the most part but council members as usual are petty

Back