News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 465     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

The mayor continues to support Nick Kouvalis who is currently the architect of Kellie Leitch's divisive campaign. Tory's spouse has donated money to that campaign.

Tory told the National Post editorial board Thursday he hopes Kouvalis will play a similar role in 2018. “He’s one of the smartest people I have available to me.”

Unfortunate that this is a bit too inside baseball for the general public. Tory should be known by the company he keeps.

The PCs can say "F--- Toronto" and still have a path to forming government. The NDP do not - so I don't understand why they've decided to write off Ontario's largest group of progressive voters.

Last edited:
Agreed. If the NDP's position is that they're opposed to things like road tolls, what exactly is the point of voting for them? How do they differentiate themselves if they're suddenly a 'small-government/low-tax' party? And how on earth have they allowed themselves to be outflanked both on the left and the center?

The provincial Liberals have been very beatable for a while now. That they keep winning is ultimately more damning of the opposition than anything else.

Tory told the National Post editorial board Thursday he hopes Kouvalis will play a similar role in 2018. “He’s one of the smartest people I have available to me.”
Yup, the guy that tweeted out a picture of shoveling snow, with the caption "What a night of climate change!" is the smartest. I think I just sprained my face rolling my eyes so hard.

Anyone watching council today?

Very interesting how council is divided on the topic of road tolls and revenue tools.

Typical conservative leaning councilors coming out in favour of revenue tools, like Thompson and Crawford.

John Tory just destroyed Mammoliti. He responded in absolute theatrics.

I hope someone uploads the episode.

Edit: Matt Elliot tweeted some of it:

CzmN149WQAA65Jh.jpg:large

Matt ElliottVerified account‏@GraphicMatt
Tory has a quote from a 2010 Toronto Star article in which Mammoliti supported tolls. Mayor is FIRED UP.

Matt ElliottVerified account‏@GraphicMatt
Here's the 2010 quote Tory just referenced. Mammoliti [hearts] road tolls. https://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2010/06/08/no_cars_on_the_gardiner_in_giorgio_mammolitis_waterfront_plan.html…

CzmOigrWEAA4CVQ.jpg:large

Last edited:

Back