News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 455     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

Will the TTC remain vastly underfunded in 2017?

Because of Rob Ford and John Tory, the answer is yes. Platform screen doors are still considered "gravy" and not a safety requirement because of that.

And the trains and platforms will remain to be dirty and littered because of that. (Litter is one cause of track level fires and delays.)

Some low fencing might be a nice cheaper compromise, like what they use in Tokyo to prevent patrons from falling on the tracks during the rush hour crush.

Toronto has the lowest property taxes in Ontario. So how are we going to pay for stuff?
https://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2017/01/02/what-will-the-citys-2017-budget-cost-us.html

I've never understood this claim that Toronto has the lowest property taxes. Sure, as a percentage of assessed value Toronto may be lower, but I'd say Torontonians pay much more in property tax per household than many in the 'burbs.

Best is to visit Open Houses on both the City of Toronto side of the border and the 905 side (IE. Steeles Avenue), and ask the realtor for the property taxes. Best to try to look at houses or condos that are similar for comparisons.

Best is to visit Open Houses on both the City of Toronto side of the border and the 905 side (IE. Steeles Avenue), and ask the realtor for the property taxes. Best to try to look at houses or condos that are similar for comparisons.
IDK why that's not included in the property listing.

If you are familiar with an area you can usually guess the square footage of a house based on the property taxes.

Of course our Real Estate agents often don't like to disclose that info during a sale.

One of the great minds advising John Tory...

Jason MarkusoffVerified account‏@markusoff
I did some very light fact-checking on Kellie Leitch campaign strategist @NickKouvalis' latest tweet. Discuss.

C1NqG4LUAAEqiZI.jpg

C1NqI02UcAAdb1a.jpg

8:43 PM - 2 Jan 2017
Sounds like fishing for emails to me.

Back