Market Wharf Condos (Context Development) - Real Estate -

What's up with the full tile floors in these units? Is that standard. I've never seen that in a condo. Not sure I like it.

A picture of a SE corner unit with hardwood.

8569363525_953dc5602b_c.jpg

photo by me

What's up with the full tile floors in these units? Is that standard. I've never seen that in a condo. Not sure I like it.

I think it is a nice and unique alternative, and like cdr108 said, it's something you see done in Europe. It is extremely durable and easy to maintain especially if you have pets or entertain often.
At Market Wharf the tile is a large format monolithic through-colour porcelain tile which I think looks great, especially in white or a cream colour. I really like the idea of one flooring throughout the entire unit which creates continuity and looks sleek.
I have seen this kind of tile installed with an extremely thin grout line or simply butt-jointed which looks really beautiful, but I think at Market Wharf it has the traditional thicker grout lines.

Engineered hardwood is highly overrated. Just like floor-to-ceiling window wall issue, engineered hardwood will fail over time. It will eventually delaminate and is much more susceptible to water damage than solid hardwood.

It will interesting to see how many units opt for the tile floor here.

I have the same view as well, on a lower floor :)

Bar1967 and I were at the "party" as well but we didn't get to meet each other :(

Are the amenities now officially opened then?

It also looks like the "Conference Room" and "Media Room" (according to marketwharf.com's website's amenities page) are now merged into the party room (multipurpose room)? Or are there still going to be some changes to the layout?

I have the same view as well, on a lower floor :)

Bar1967 and I were at the "party" as well but we didn't get to meet each other :(

Are the amenities now officially opened then?

It also looks like the "Conference Room" and "Media Room" (according to marketwharf.com's website's amenities page) are now merged into the party room (multipurpose room)? Or are there still going to be some changes to the layout?

The area where most of the people were...the largest empty space, I don't even know what that room is for. I suppose they will put in sofas or something. The media room is a bit strange with how they set it up I think.

Market Wharf - Tower section has been registered today. Expected closing date for the week of June 10th. that was fast!

Market Wharf - Tower section has been registered today. Expected closing date for the week of June 10th. that was fast!

Good! The rates are really good right now, so better lock it in.

Also, if you didn't know Bell and Rogers have offers for owners. 6 months free, no contract. Go to the manager of the building to inquire.

Last edited:
How does a building that is clearly not close to finished register? I simply don't understand how this happens. I've seen it with other buildings too.

The area where most of the people were...the largest empty space, I don't even know what that room is for. I suppose they will put in sofas or something. The media room is a bit strange with how they set it up I think.

That large "empty space" is the multipurpose room (party room?)..

Found out the media room and board room is on the 7th floor right next to the property management office!

Back