156     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 695     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 578     1 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Multiple Questions

I have multiple unrelated questions:

1) My friend lives in another condo and he said that for cable and internet everyone in the building is forced to get Rogers and can't get Bell Fibe TV, is that possible? If you live in a condo do you have the option of choosing your cable and internet provider? I'm pretty sure he's just misinformed, but I just want to double check. I'm not particularly a fan of Rogers, and supposedly Bell has a better HD picture through Fibe.

2) What exactly happens on your occupancy date? You get your keys from your lawyer and pay the next deposit that you owe, 15%? Do they accept regular cheques, or does it have to be certified? What else do I have to do to prepare for my occupancy date?

3) Do you need to have condo insurance before you move in? If so, what kind of coverage do you need, 1 million, 2 million? What's a good rate? I went on Insurance Hotline and the best quote I got was for about $200 for the year. Is that reasonable?

1. Not sure.
2. Certified or Bank Draft cheque.
3. Yes, you need insurance or else your lawyer will hold onto the keys till you show them that you got insurance for 2million.

ya mine makes some popping noises...I just ignore it hah.

Any of you have issues with low level cracking, popping sounds out of the vents? Mainly when the heat is running, but a considerable time after that as well? Only hear it from the bedroom (on the other side of the heater)

As well, any of you have issues with the loudness of the heater when it turns on/off?

Hi,

Can anyone give some insight into what their interm occupancy fees were or how the builder calculates it? Just wondering what to expect.

Thanks!

Hello,

I'm considering purchasing an assignment of a buddy of mine for $300k for a 685 sq.ft unit in M3. Can anyone advise me of the estimated costs associated after the purchase of the assignment?

Thanks!

Hi,

Can anyone give some insight into what their interm occupancy fees were or how the builder calculates it? Just wondering what to expect.

Thanks!

Occupancy fee is calculated as follows:
1. Interest on your remaining balance (interest rate: 3.5%)
2. Estimated Monthly Taxes (aournd 1% of your remaining balance)
3. Monthly common expense (condo fee)

The wiring in my vents are messed up! When the vent in the powder room is turned on, the vent in my ensuite turns on also! I remember someone mentioning the same problem, was it ever fixed?

If it's the same as in M1 and M2, that's how it's supposed to work. It's one system with two switches (one in each bathroom). It's actually always circulating air (low speed), but if you turn it 'on', it's actually on high speed.

I don't get it, why can't they just have 2 switches? I don't want to be a sleeping in my bedroom and if someone uses the powder room, my vents turn on! That's seems stupid to me....so you guys don't think they will fix that?

I don't get it, why can't they just have 2 switches? I don't want to be a sleeping in my bedroom and if someone uses the powder room, my vents turn on! That's seems stupid to me....so you guys don't think they will fix that?

Doesn't hurt to contact customer care.

I wonder what will happen to this forum once we all log into the metroplace's website?

I was thinking of all the places that I can try to get some support for this and I thought you guys could help. My friend is running for a contest to win a vacation and he has a 50/50 chance of winning. If any of you are on Facebook, could you please go to https://www.facebook.com/questions/349882661707918/?qa_ref=qd and click on Joee Wong Photography? It will help lots.

I wonder what will happen to this forum once we all log into the metroplace's website?

There's no mention on the flyer about the discussion board, but we'll find out tonight. If you read up on the software site, they put heavy emphasis on the ability of the condo board to delete posts IF they choose to activate the discussion board. Remember: they can't control what we post here, so this may end up still being my preferred message board.

Back