News   May 17, 2024
 2.3K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 10K     10 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Ok so here is a summary of my closing costs straight from the builder's statement,

Reserve fund 2 x your condo fees (which by the way went up $25 from what we were paying duing interim occupancy)
Realty taxes 98.90
Hydro/Gas meter installation 397.50
Transaction levy surcharge 53.00
Depist letter 159.00
Discharge fee 79.50
Electronic documents 132.50
Development/education charges 472.00

Plus I received $1,294 in interest on my deposits. Note that the interest rate we received from Apr1, 2009 to the date we moved in was 0.00%. I know this is a prescribed rate but I thought it was supposed to be roughly what the going 1 year fixed rate mortgage was at the time. I don't recall ever seeing a 0% fixed rate mortgage. Obviously this will differ depending on when you bought and how long your deposits have been sitting with the builder.

Also there will be a whole bunch of adjustments for your interin occupancy and partial payment of condo fees and such. And then there is land transfer tax and lawyer fees as well. Mine totaled just over $3,000 but of course this will differ for everybody.

This post really helps out for what to expect on the final closing. If someone can clarify (i wish the poster can himself, but he never comes here anymore), what happened with the $1294 dollars he made on the interest? Did he pocket it or was it subtracted from the final balance. Any guesses?

Also is it safe to expect 5 to 6 months in between the interim and final closing date?? I'm hoping that the 2.99 deal stays around for much of the year.

Last edited:
Dropped by the building to see how the progress is going and book an elevator. Its unconfirmed but likely that starbucks is joining the party downstairs on m3 or m4. Happy to hear this. No other info about other retailers yet

Sort of bummed out that my locker and parking is going to be on P3. Anyone know how these spots are assigned? Random?

Last edited:
"Its unconfirmed but likely"

If your source is the sales office, you mean to say "it's probably made up, but they seemed genuine when they said it"

I saw on a condo magazine, urbancorp is going to build townhouses in the edges of downsview park . Does this mean that the Secondary plan has been approved or patially approved??

Would like to see the business centre on the corner of sheppard/Allen , retail shops, restaurants and boardwalk where the pond is at created sooner than later.

Last edited:
There is literally no chance for a Starbucks. They just opened in the bp plaza which is a 30 second drive. There is also one at bath a d Sheppard. We don't have the foot traffic that yonge and eg has to warrant 3 Starbucks in a 1km radius. But happy to have them and be wrong here.

price is probably too high. I wonder if Liberty regrets not having M4 all residential units and M3 ground floor space as retail units only

You be surprised, for the right price and features, people would.

Anyways for now, if starbucks opens downstairs, it should help with occupation of other empty retail units.

The park is schedulled to be completed by Canada day this year. the townhomes are UBBER slim. not worth my money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-7ljPVB5E

I saw on a condo magazine, urbancorp is going to build townhouses in the edges of downsview park . Does this mean that the Secondary plan has been approved or patially approved??

Would like to see the business centre on the corner of sheppard/Allen , retail shops, restaurants and boardwalk where the pond is at created sooner than later.

Back