News   Apr 16, 2024
 151     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.3K     5 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Edgefest shouldn't be a huge inconvenience. Most people take public transit to the show as there is limited parking at downsview park. Also, the stages are set up further west closer to keele and sheppard . There will be a huge crowd of people spilling out at keele and sheppard when the show ends at 11pm, but that's about it.

On a side note, anyone notice the new tv mounted in the gym of M1? I asked the concierge on the weekend and she said its not up set up for use as of yet.

It will be 1 day, so no need to stress about it!! there will be tons of events at downsview during the summer time that will involve loud music and tons of people. Nothing you can do about it. Ha I'm going go carting at downsview this weekend. :D

Hey everyone,

Whatever happened with that fire alarm around 6 PM yesterday was weird.

Anyhow, does anyone still have the contact information for the Rogers rep to get the 3 months free of services? I had it but misplaced it somewhere. If anyone knows, it'll be a great help!

Thanks.

Hey everyone,

Whatever happened with that fire alarm around 6 PM yesterday was weird.

Anyhow, does anyone still have the contact information for the Rogers rep to get the 3 months free of services? I had it but misplaced it somewhere. If anyone knows, it'll be a great help!

Thanks.

I don't know what caused the fire alarm but I do know that if things go on like this the fire department will start to send out a bill to the building each time it happens. Even now I think that the fire trucks didn't bother to show up and an inspector came instead to check on things here.

The Board election

We had a nice turnout for the election but only one candidate got elected that I voted for . Could someone post a list of the names of the people on the board. Some of the candidates didn't bother to show up but sent someone in their place which had a negative impact on their getting elected, or I should say not getting elected.

Property Tax Bill

The city told me that it could take up to 2 years to receive a bill because the company that does the assessments for the city is backlogged with new buildings. Then we will have to pay out one or two years of property tax all at once . If a unit was sold before this time the lawyers would estimate the tax owing and deduct it off the purchase price.

Did anyone else not have a maintenance fee withdrawn from their account yet ?

The city told me that it could take up to 2 years to receive a bill because the company that does the assessments for the city is backlogged with new buildings. Then we will have to pay out one or two years of property tax all at once . If a unit was sold before this time the lawyers would estimate the tax owing and deduct it off the purchase price.

Did anyone else not have a maintenance fee withdrawn from their account yet ?

Majority of the time, the mortgage payments have the property tax included, the bank holds on to it and pays when the city comes looking for it. There are people who like to pay the city directly, but with that come headaches especially new buildings as you mentioned above. I personally like the bank handling it.

Maintenance fees are taken out every 25th.

Majority of the time, the mortgage payments have the property tax included, the bank holds on to it and pays when the city comes looking for it. There are people who like to pay the city directly, but with that come headaches especially new buildings as you mentioned above. I personally like the bank handling it.

Maintenance fees are taken out every 25th.

Why give the government the money upfront. If they want to take two years to assess property taxes, let them. That means the money stays in your pocket for an extra two years in which you can earn income on that money from investing it. By allowing the bank to deduct property taxes with your mortgage payment all you are doing is letting the bank take that money, invest it and then they keep all the income earned for themselves. And what hassle is it to pay the city, they send you a bill and you pay it, what hassle is that.

Why give the government the money upfront. If they want to take two years to assess property taxes, let them. That means the money stays in your pocket for an extra two years in which you can earn income on that money from investing it. By allowing the bank to deduct property taxes with your mortgage payment all you are doing is letting the bank take that money, invest it and then they keep all the income earned for themselves. And what hassle is it to pay the city, they send you a bill and you pay it, what hassle is that.

I agree with you, but I dont like getting bills for 3-4 grand at a time.

I live nearby and have been following this thread for some time . . . its good stuff

I got slammed with a three year, 5K + property tax bill when my building finally got assessed . . . . it wasn't fun.

If this building is the same as mine, you will get billed from when you moved into the unit, not when it was registered. I moved into my unit in April 2007 but it wasn't registered till Jan 2008 . . . . so I was technically paying 8 months worth of property taxes on a unit I didnt even own yet. I contacted my builder and they told me if I mailed them the paid tax stub, they would reimburse me a portion of the funds

They might go over this in one of the annual meetings but I dont beleive they did in mine

I live nearby and have been following this thread for some time . . . its good stuff

I got slammed with a three year, 5K + property tax bill when my building finally got assessed . . . . it wasn't fun.

If this building is the same as mine, you will get billed from when you moved into the unit, not when it was registered. I moved into my unit in April 2007 but it wasn't registered till Jan 2008 . . . . so I was technically paying 8 months worth of property taxes on a unit I didnt even own yet. I contacted my builder and they told me if I mailed them the paid tax stub, they would reimburse me a portion of the funds

They might go over this in one of the annual meetings but I dont beleive they did in mine

I'm going to start putting away $200 a month in a property tax fund so I have it saved instead of scrounging for the thousands of dollars.

Isn't a portion of the interim occupancy fee supposed to include property taxes. This is an interesting point you make and I am definately gonna check the paperwork when I get home. If you pay for property taxes as part of your interim occupancy then you should definately not be double paying when the city bill finally arrives.

+1. Perfect example of what "hassle" is.

Isn't a portion of the interim occupancy fee supposed to include property taxes. This is an interesting point you make and I am definately gonna check the paperwork when I get home. If you pay for property taxes as part of your interim occupancy then you should definately not be double paying when the city bill finally arrives.

Yes - do be careful about this and look out for it when you finally do get your property tax bill. This happened to a friend of mine last year, and I belive once she showed that she had paid property tax during her interim she was reimbursed and the matter was corrected. I'm not sure what the detailed process she had to go through was but I will ask her just in case and I can post up the response if anyone would like me to.

Back