News   Jul 10, 2024
 885     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 504     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 729     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

I'm going to start putting away $200 a month in a property tax fund so I have it saved instead of scrounging for the thousands of dollars.

My bank actually suggested that I do this as they warned me that it could take a year or two before the city actually accesses the property and sends you a bill (though I already knew about this from warnings from friends). It is definitely a good idea as it's inevitable that they will just drop you with a hefty compiled bill...

Lockers

I was told by the sales staff that a locker would be included with my unit. Today I actually saw in the purchase agreement that it says that a "standard locker" is included however an upgrade locker would cost $3,500. Well before I moved in I asked about my locker and was told that "none was available" , however for $3,500 they might be able to find one for me" In the board meeting another owner told me that he never received his locker either that was promised by the sales staff. So where are these "standard" lockers that come with the units ? Maybe those of us who paid the $3,500 should get back at least a partial refund if not the total purchase price.

I was told by the sales staff that a locker would be included with my unit. Today I actually saw in the purchase agreement that it says that a "standard locker" is included however an upgrade locker would cost $3,500. Well before I moved in I asked about my locker and was told that "none was available" , however for $3,500 they might be able to find one for me" In the board meeting another owner told me that he never received his locker either that was promised by the sales staff. So where are these "standard" lockers that come with the units ? Maybe those of us who paid the $3,500 should get back at least a partial refund if not the total purchase price.

So your purchase agreement states that you get a standard locker? I recommend you talk to your Lawyer. but then again if you bought the "upgraded" locker, perhaps this voids your standard locker?

Yeah, just saw that right now, somethings off, anyone here finding out?

I asked my lawyer and he said that the maintenance fees were not included in the closing for January.
When the payment didn't come out on Feb 1, I called the mgmt office and the property mgr told me that it would be coming out probably on the 2nd.

He also said that the January 25 pymt was for Jan's maintenance fees.

Would have been nice to get a warning or something though.

See I wasn't going crazy. I was reading all over my closing docs and did not find any notation stating that our closing costs also covered maintenance fees for January. It did state that the closing costs covered the closing costs for the remainder of December.

I asked my lawyer and he said that the maintenance fees were not included in the closing for January.
When the payment didn't come out on Feb 1, I called the mgmt office and the property mgr told me that it would be coming out probably on the 2nd.

He also said that the January 25 pymt was for Jan's maintenance fees.

Would have been nice to get a warning or something though.

See I wasn't going crazy. I was reading all over my closing docs and did not find any notation stating that our closing costs also covered maintenance fees for January. It did state that the closing costs covered the closing costs for the remainder of December.

Yeah... that and 2 x maintenance fees that went towards the reserve fund. Ahh... I see... it makes sense now, but oh pooh :(

If the 25th deduction was for the month of January, they should've taken it out earlier in the month... soon after the New Years holiday...

We had a nice turnout for the election but only one candidate got elected that I voted for . Could someone post a list of the names of the people on the board. Some of the candidates didn't bother to show up but sent someone in their place which had a negative impact on their getting elected, or I should say not getting elected.

You're right... I ran, but I couldn't show up. I work in property management, but 95% of my properties are out west. Although I wasn't elected... I'm sure the board will represent us well!
There's always next year!

Yeah... that and 2 x maintenance fees that went towards the reserve fund. Ahh... I see... it makes sense now, but oh pooh :(

If the 25th deduction was for the month of January, they should've taken it out earlier in the month... soon after the New Years holiday...

They are always late with the first payments!! processing all those payments does take a while.

Just got back from my design centre appt...spent $2800 (gst included) in upgrades and I'm pretty happy with it! Surprisingly, there were plenty of standard choices!

What kind of upgrades you got?

Upgraded stove top to ceran top - $300
Upgraded kitchen cabinets to white high gloss - $600
Undermounted sink -$900
Upgraded kitchen, foyer, powder room & laundry room flooring - $428
Uograded backsplash - $225

I wanted to upgrade the laminate for another $900 but went with the undermount instead. Im going to think it over the weekend, not sure if i can add it now. Maybe i should have asked. Did anyone here make a change to your upgrades after the meeting?

Back