News   Apr 18, 2024
 645     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.6K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Hi Joe,

I am going to submit my 30 day form this week. Most of the works to do are touch up on the ceiling and walls (there is still touch up in the ceiling from my pdi which is not yet done, of which i will also include in the 30 day form). There are 3 concerns that I dont know if these are valid to be included;
1. the laminate floor when entering my bedroom from the washroom is like has an uneven subfloor (it sounds everytime i stepped on it). i heard from other people that this is due to changes in temperature?
2. there are some works to be done in my balcony like touch up on the water exit/drainage and even the wall. I heard balcony is a common element.
3. I can hear people walking and talking in the hallway.
What do you think? Do i have to include these?

Leave out #3. All units can hear people talk from the hallway.

2. there are some works to be done in my balcony like touch up on the water exit/drainage and even the wall. I heard balcony is a common element.

Your balcony is technically not under your ownership so you can't make any deficiency claims on it.

Can anyone hear the people above them walking?

Sometimes - but that could be because whoever's above me was walking with heels on hardwood floor. I did hear someone's Classical music playing the other day which surprised me because normally other than hallway and stairway noise, I don't hear anything - person must've had the music really really loud...

I notice they have not done one fix of any problems in my unit...

I JUST got a notice saying that people will be coming in the next few days to fix the big gouge they left on my floor when they installed my fridge - and any other flooring deficiencies I had... I've been here for about a month now and nothing else has been done... judging by the comments in previous entries, you should probably expect them to take full advantage of the 120 days they have to fix things...

I JUST got a notice saying that people will be coming in the next few days to fix the big gouge they left on my floor when they installed my fridge - and any other flooring deficiencies I had... I've been here for about a month now and nothing else has been done... judging by the comments in previous entries, you should probably expect them to take full advantage of the 120 days they have to fix things...

Got the same letter yesterday too.

I called Toronto Hydro and asked because I was scared of gettinga HUGE bill 6 months down the road. The woman I spoke with said they are backed up with the meters or something and it may be a while before we are getting billed.

HOWEVER- I do suggest about a month after you will the forms in, you call Toronto Hydro and let them know when you took possesion. The reason for this is that you want to make sure you are billed only for what you used, not what the builders were using to install stuff. (Its better than having to fight it out with liberty later).

Hi, we are a couple who are interested to rent an apartment in this building. We want to know some infor about hydro as it's paid by tenant. Say two ppl, work during the day, how much does hydro cost on average per month?

We just want have a idea how much we should expect. Appreciate any helpful answers!

Hi, we are a couple who are interested to rent an apartment in this building. We want to know some infor about hydro as it's paid by tenant. Say two ppl, work during the day, how much does hydro cost on average per month?

We just want have a idea how much we should expect. Appreciate any helpful answers!

I've been living in M1 for 2 months and have yet to receive anything from Toronto Hydro. I'm guessing around $50 per month is probably reasonable, really depends on if you use energy efficient lights, keep your electronics off when you don't need them on and if you do laundry, dishes, etc. during off-peak hours.

Back