News   May 01, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   May 01, 2024
 366     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 368     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Sorry for the late reply....it's a tentative date....does that mean they can change it again?! Also, if I'm on the 3rd floor, my unit should be ready about 2-3months before right?

You can be pretty sure that until it says "CONFIRMED Occupancy Date" that the date will change again. Then again, as happened to many of us here, even when you get the "Confirmed Occupancy Date" there is a chance that it may change even still (but usually by the time you get a "Confirmed Occupancy Date" it will be much closer to completion so they can't extend it for more than a couple of months). As written in your purchase agreement, the builder is covered for up to a certain amount of time in how long and how often they can extend the occupancy date.

Heck... they tried extending my move in date by 2 weeks less than a week before I was scheduled to move in. Of course I told them 'heck no', but forgot to ask what kind of compensation they would offer if the extension was accepted.

I hope the commercial in M3 isn't delayed until 2012! I can't see how the building is still 18 months out when it's already on the 2nd floor, but maybe they are expecting a cold winter.

Hey

It was me! They took them all down- but they haven't repaired my wall yet. Although they say they are going to. They did repair the cupboards where they removed the toilet paper holders. Looks good :)

Same issue with me, asked for the stuff never to be installed, ofcourse it was, they finally removed yesterday after 30 days, totally ripped out the towel rack with holes into the drywall, as if someone was angry or something, ha.

They did a good job with the soap holder installed on the tile and paper holder was to the cubboard so just a little glue left behind, no biggie.

Let me know when patch your walls up!

Thanks.

Ok thanks I really should read that purchase agreement! Lol

seriously, this does suck! As someone said, they are on floor 2 so WTF?!

Is anyone else finding that the bath water is cold? I left a message with customer care but haven't gotten any response at all :( Friends have told me that that's pretty common with new buildings - they keep the water temperature low until the building is more closer to full occupancy in order to keep the heating costs lower... But I haven't seen any one else here mentioning the water temperature so I'm not sure if it's just an issue with my unit?

Is anyone else finding that the bath water is cold? I left a message with customer care but haven't gotten any response at all :( Friends have told me that that's pretty common with new buildings - they keep the water temperature low until the building is more closer to full occupancy in order to keep the heating costs lower... But I haven't seen any one else here mentioning the water temperature so I'm not sure if it's just an issue with my unit?

My showers are nice and hot!!

Same here.

Ya AC has been broken for me since last night. Don't really need to use it anymore though considering the temperature outside. Just open the windows for a bit and the place cools off real fast.

It is loud when the windows are open when you are on the 2nd floor, especially when you are trying to sleep. My bigger concern is that this is the 3rd or 4th time in a month that it has happened.

Hi Joe,

I am going to submit my 30 day form this week. Most of the works to do are touch up on the ceiling and walls (there is still touch up in the ceiling from my pdi which is not yet done, of which i will also include in the 30 day form). There are 3 concerns that I dont know if these are valid to be included;
1. the laminate floor when entering my bedroom from the washroom is like has an uneven subfloor (it sounds everytime i stepped on it). i heard from other people that this is due to changes in temperature?
2. there are some works to be done in my balcony like touch up on the water exit/drainage and even the wall. I heard balcony is a common element.
3. I can hear people walking and talking in the hallway.
What do you think? Do i have to include these?

Im submitting my 30 day forms tomorrow, included with the PDI, which has a bunch of stuff on there that was not touched. Noone showed up to my unit in the past 29 days. I dont mind really since the items are cosmetic, but the passiveness is over, now im going to start being forthwright and direct.

Back