News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 843     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

is anybody taking an inspector with them to the Pre Delivery Inspection day?

I have a friend who works for Tarrion so I will be taking them with me. I definitely would recommend taking someone who has had experience doing these PDIs so they can point out what to look for and help you be thorough.

I have some info about closing costs.... I was getting really nervous about these 'unknown' closing costs like levies etc; so I emailed the developers directly to see if they can at least give me a ballpark amount to set aside for this.

Their reply was : "I would suggest to put aside between 2% and 3% of the purchase price for the adjustments on closing costs (including "Existing Levies")"

So outside of this, there is your own lawyer fee (mine told me it would be about $1000 +hst) and any moving costs of your own.

I hope that helps.

@GPalltheway: PDI = Pre Delivery Inspection. Just prior to your move in date (usually just a couple of days before) you'll have to do a PDI walkthrough of your unit. You'll get a package which will have info and a checklist etc; for your walkthrough in preparation for this. This will be a very important date and your chance to make note of anything....ANYTHING that is wrong with your unit for them to fix. If you find anything that is wrong with your unit AFTER this date and you didn't make note of it in your PDI then you either have to live with it, or pay to get it fixed yourself so make sure you are very thorough in your PDI.

Phew*** I'm looking at around the $5000 mark.

BTW, when will we get assigned parking spots?

P d i

You'll get a package which will have info and a checklist etc; for your walkthrough in preparation for this. This will be a very important date and your chance to make note of anything....ANYTHING that is wrong with your unit for them to fix. If you find anything that is wrong with your unit AFTER this date and you didn't make note of it in your PDI then you either have to live with it, or pay to get it fixed yourself so make sure you are very thorough in your PDI.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that if I miss a door that won't stay closed, leaking toilet or dishwasher or a bad grout job in the tile - I have to live with it? What is the new home warranty for? I agree we have to find all the major defects but I would think like a new house we can submit after the move in date too. Although I do know that the builder will try and blame scratches in bathtubs or countertops on the new condo owner during move in if you don't catch those during PDI.

Something like a door that won't stay closed or a bad grout job etc; are things that should be detected during your actual PDI - you've gotta be really thorough so you have to check EVERYTHING. If something that could be detected at first check is not noted in your PDF, it will get difficult for you to make a claim that the deficiency was there before you moved in since you didn't make note of it when the builder rep was present with you to witness the problem. The best thing you can do is be as thorough as possible - and if you can, bring someone who's familiar with these PDIs so they can help you check and be thorough.

Having said that, obvious there are some deficiencies that may take time before they surface. I think there is a 30 day period after you move in where stuff like that can be claimed.

Try checking the Tarion website and read through their PDI section carefully: http://www.tarion.com/HOME/New+Home+Buyers/Your+Pre-Delivery+Inspection/

Do you folks have any good finds for condo furniture stores? Here is a list of places I came up with over the last little while, please add if I am missing. I am starting to plan out and visiting these stores in the next 3 months to get a sense of what I am looking for.

Structube
West Elm
Decorium
Visitor Parking
Urban Barn
Casalife
Urban Mode
Roomy & Space
Elte
Art Shoppe
Upcountry
Crate & Barrel
Mobilia

New Info.

Hi and good evening to everyone!!!

THANK YOU ever so kindly for sharing all your information and all the details about the PDI, move in dates, and closing costs. I check this site from time to time and I am amazed how we all help each other out - truly awesome :)

As for Stores to shop for, try the Brick or Leons in their URBAN HOME sections. Look for the sale online or in stores :)

Questions:

1. Has anyone received a "confirmed" move in date or is the latest date the date we follow? I am moving into the M2 building on the 2nd floor - Friday August 6th is the date.

2. Does anyone know if we are assigned parking spots OR can we have a choice/say?

3. Has anyone here (on this message board) bought in the M1 on the 2nd floor? I am asking because my dad works for the carpenters union and went by last week and took pictures of the inside of unit 208 - M1. If you have purchased this unit, please let me know and I can send you the pics. :)

Take care everyone!

Joe B.

Hey Joe
1) Follow the latest date you have for now. its looking like the dates for M1 might not change (fingers crossed), not sure about M2 since there is still time to delay it.

2) Going in to the sales centre on the weekend to find out about parking. Guessing they will at least place you under your own building.

3) Since the unit is empty can you just post them online? we wont tell ;)

As for the Brick I have heard too many bad things from them. delays in shipping, damaged product, horrible customer service. I'm hopping to get a good deal from Leons on the big stuff and the rest from JYSK.com

Joe - posting those pictures would make you an urbantoronto legend. i feel like you almost owe it to the community and yourself.

*peer pressure*

Joe - posting those pictures would make you an urbantoronto legend. i feel like you almost owe it to the community and yourself.

*peer pressure*

Id even pony up some cash! Im dying to see some rough pictures. DO IT JOE! and welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

Back