News   Jul 10, 2024
 328     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 501     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.3K     2 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

What were the prices like on the units back then ? I purchased my unit ( 2 bedroom and den ) in May 2010 and moved in on August 2010 . How much did the builder raise the prices between 2007 and 2010 ? I know that in just the past 8 months the builder has raised the price in M 3 and M 4 by $50,000 on my unit since I purchased which is incredible. The one's he is building now are smaller and on a lower floor than mine and still the price is over $50,000 more now. Still there is no profit to be made because the real estate agent commission and land transfer tax on a new property plus the moving costs would wipe out the entire $50,000.

$50K?.. wow... I have no idea how much current 2B+D costs in M3 and M4 but I would be very interested in finding out. I've seen on MLS a comparable unit selling for around $430K+... not sure if it sold

As for profit, find a trustworthy real estate agent who will accept low commission when selling and then likely receive full commission when buying for you. You'll at least save some commission fee during the whole selling-then-buying process. Or, you can do it on your own using services like comfree.com.

As for price, I'm not sure if my price was the same as the preview price list since I bought after the preview/VIP (or whatever it's called) time.... I would be interested in that list as well

That's fantastic , could you let me know what they were asking back then for the 2 bedroom plus den corner unit in M 1 ?
Much appreciated, thanks.

What's the name of the unit? the 2B+D range from 320k to 477k at the PH level.

You knowingly bought in a development adjacent to DND grounds and an airport and suddenly the neighbourhood is a problem?

I never said it was a problem. I said it was an eyesore. That doesn't mean that the condo complex is not a great property considering the development in the area and the proximity to public transit options.

I just wished they got rid of the airport and all the DOD facilities. It's a huge eyesore.

Very little air traffic at this airport, it isn't like a passenger airport . The alternative to the DOD would be even worse , high density highrises like at Yonge and Sheppard with it's accompanying high crime rate. More people in the area means more crime . With the DOD here at least it's relatively safe and quiet .

I agree, keep the DOD - not highrises, not commercial to our south - that way we have a nice view from the upper floors. The TTC extension will help our values. And yes the price have gone up abit. I was reading about the commercial units and the less food places the better, that way less vermin.

Easy for you to say, but remember the store will be clean. They are more likely in the dumpster outside, where all buildings get to share them. lol

There's so much open space across the street from our condos, I know that they're planning on building commercial buildings, but they should build a huge mall or movie theatre or grocery store, something useful for us.

Back