News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 781     0 

Lotus (Yonge & Davenport, Shiu Pong, 16s, Northgrave) COMPLETE

I agree that this is very disappointing. I hate how the base is sqaure and off-centre to the rounded tower (I like my symmetry, dammit), and that the building wasn't built right to Yonge. Another lost opportunity. Could have made for a nice flatiron with better materials and design.

dunce-cap.gif

I agree that this is very disappointing. I hate how the base is sqaure and off-centre to the rounded tower (I like my symmetry, dammit), and that the building wasn't built right to Yonge. Another lost opportunity. Could have made for a nice flatiron with better materials and design.

Yup, they never missed an opportunity to miss an opportunity with Blotus.

/\ Yeah, I bet the developers meeting went something like: "We could build something nice here, or we could just 'blo-thus' perfect opportunity!"

...I'm sorry, I had to...

...Ok, I think it's dead now.

The front is ok nothing spectacular, and yes a wasted opportunity.

2445430063_5d0673ddce_o.jpg

The side, what is up with the tiny balconies?

2445430173_b2a77e49f4_o.jpg

And the ASS end of the building, the only way i could get a decent shot was to get in some flowers and 18 Yorkville in the picture.

2446256852_9bf500f203_o.jpg

http://www.pugawards.com indicates that a new site will be up and running as of May 1. (I wonder if they will have taken any of or past critiques into account?) Anyway, yeah, trashing this building on the Pugs will be another year away...

Aw, c'mon. Is it really that bad? Dull and corporate, and maybe a wasted opportunity, but the worst I can say about it is that it's just kinda there.

They can redeem themeselves with some good landscaping out front...

Would the Pierre have looked any worse?

http://www.mycondo.ca/modules/magaz...0&MID=4&IDATE=3/5/2007&CMID=4&CIDATE=4/7/2003

The Condos Guide
Issue: Apr 7, 2003 - Apr 21, 2003

Shiu Pong Group launches Yorkville condominium

The Shiu Pong Group has just announced their latest real estate development, The Pierre Condominium in Yorkville. The Pierre Condominium is a 16-storey luxury high-rise residence at the gateway to Yorkville. The project is located at the historic crossroads where Davenport, Yonge, Church and Scollard meet. A unique triangular site, the condominium and its public park are designed to honour and enhance the anvil iron shaped property. The elegant curved façade echoes the shape of the site. A European-style parkette setting compliments the soft curves of the elevation while also providing a welcoming new landmark to the Yorkville neighbourhood. ......

It's taken five years to produce crap!

Aw, c'mon. Is it really that bad? Dull and corporate, and maybe a wasted opportunity, but the worst I can say about it is that it's just kinda there.

They can redeem themeselves with some good landscaping out front...

It's wearing a ramekin, making it look like it got drunk the night before and was caught sleeping.

Gawd only knows what they are going to do with the front lawn. I predict lots of concrete.

ya, I guess its all in the angle and which neighbours you get in the shot. I wouldnt complain if I was handed a free unit in this one...

In Paris the front of wedge-shaped midrises (like Lotus) often become storied cafes:

les.deux.magots.jpg

In Toronto, we'll probably have to settle for a Rabba.

Man I feel like him:

hume.jpg

today.

Back