News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.1K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 802     0 

Lotus (Yonge & Davenport, Shiu Pong, 16s, Northgrave) COMPLETE

A Rabba with some hydro poles and skinny and dead trees to really complete the picture.

22 August 2008 photo update

They're still working on this condo (it looks better from Bay St actually.)

From 18 Yorkville's parkette this afternoon:

DSC00215-1.jpg
DSC00190-1.jpg

I'd never noticed the metal "tree" before--I like it.:)

And the view from Bay St--agree it looks "tolerable" from here?

Huh? The view from Bay of Lotus is of a big blank wall with a line of windows down the middle. Why single out that? It's just begging to be hidden behind something else.

^I single this view out because it has this minimalistic look that fmpov is much better looking than the round "silo with cap" facing Yonge St. I actually think the round end needs to be covered first by another building!

(Okay, I know, a parkette is scheduled for the little patch in front. I think a flatiron redbrick Clewesian-styled building would be ideal here.)

It's a bit chunky, could use more height. Would have liked to have seen the curves extended to the ground. FYI, the architect on this is Paul Northgrave. He also did Mosaic, Bloor Street Neighbourhood, Bay Charles Towers and the updating of the Merchandise Building, among others.

androiduk

^I single this view out because it has this minimalistic look that fmpov is much better looking than the round "silo with cap" facing Yonge St. I actually think the round end needs to be covered first by another building!

(Okay, I know, a parkette is scheduled for the little patch in front. I think a flatiron redbrick Clewesian-styled building would be ideal here.)

If Clewes did it, it wouldn't be a brick flatiron styled building. It'd be a glass box.

Have you seen some of the condos going up in Montreal? The bad ones there make Lotus look good.

thats for the pics UD ... I this building in fact looks quite good (as long as you don't see the metallic drum at the top) ... the builder should have just dropped that thing and the design will look so much better immediately

occupancy

i walked past this yesterday and noticed some people have moved in already.
anyone know when the condo board will be established? no one is allowed to sell units until then, correct?

Back