News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 777     0 

Lotus (Yonge & Davenport, Shiu Pong, 16s, Northgrave) COMPLETE

Not the precast. I meant those pale, narrow strips going up the tower. They look like some sort of pattern on glass.

Or is that not cladding at all? I can't tell in photos as of yet.

If you mean the narrow strips in the photos that YOU posted... I think indeed that is just insulation.

Lotus Construction Progress, Oct 21, 2007

DSCN1208.jpg

DSCN1209.jpg

DSCN1210.jpg

anyone know what is planned for the east end of this lot, fronting onto Yonge where the office trailer is in these pics? I know, maybe I should look up the rendering for it and answer my own question. I just thought that in the first pic the old street lights and utility wires look quite odd floating there in the middle of empty space... any chance of a giant lotus leaf sculpture, or even better a zen water garden????

The area in front of Lotus is actually a park. They made a deal with the city to use the space for construction, in return the park gets a $1 million upgrade. Stupidly they chopped down trees that were there before.

I'm quite eager to see how the park turns out...it's an interesting 5-way intersection and it deserves something nice. Once the Cdn Tire lot gets developed it will feel quite enclosed, too. Rather a shame, I think, that the city didn't Sect-37 a park behind the building, and move Lotus right up to the pointy end of the lot, Gooderham-style. Alas...

Nonetheless with the 4S going in behind Lotus upper/eastern Yorkville is going to be quite the area in a couple of years.

What will be going in that car park on the left side of the image? The blank wall on the adjacent building implies that there will be something here - any word yet?

The Blank wall was situated right up next to the wall of the old Ford dealership [which was demolished last year] That's why it looks the way that it does.

Back