Reaction score
Posted by Jerrold over at blogTO...

20070522083208__5180257ed.jpg

Above picture is just a teaser... Entire article plus other shots here:

http://www.blogto.com/city/2007/05/looking_down_at_the_city/

unimaginative2

Member Bio
Reaction score
It's interesting to note how much development in the older photo was along University Avenue. We've seen very little on that axis since then.

salvius

Member Bio
Reaction score
Still entirely too many parking lots even in the new shot (although some of those are being developed on as we speak), but it's nice to see just how much the city has changed.

Tewder

Member Bio
Reaction score
For me, the shame is the mediocre development along the waterfront considering what a clean slate it was to begin with. Oh well, the rest is pretty good.

Tuscani01

Member Bio
Reaction score
For me, the shame is the mediocre development along the waterfront considering what a clean slate it was to begin with. Oh well, the rest is pretty good.

Hey, we can always do what we have done in the past, create a new waterfront and start from scratch!

simply Dan

Member Bio
Reaction score
Judging from a lot of the new developments going up around the central waterfront these days, I don't think Toronto would do a much better job today when compared with 30 years ago.

Long Island Mike

Member Bio
Reaction score
DZ: Good Downtown Toronto pix! The first one is definitely recent while the older one is early 70s perhaps? CIBC under construction and no development S and W of Union Station. First Canadian Place is also not in the photo. From the time of the CN tower's construction things have changed quite a bit in DT T.O.! LI MIKE

unimaginative2

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey, we can always do what we have done in the past, create a new waterfront and start from scratch!

I've actually thought that isn't such a bad idea, as ridiculous as it sounds. Queens Quay is a bit of a failure, so maybe we should just fill in one more waterfront street that we can line with businesses on one side and a continuous promenade on the other.