Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

"Lightbox" is more evocative of photography than of motion picture (though increasingly out of date due to digital imaging).

I don't dislike the name. At least it's distinctive, and not another "centre". Presumably they'd timed the annoucement because there will be info with the new branding in the catalogue, out tomorrow morning.

^ a name referencing still photography seems a tad inappropriate for a medium/festival/building devoted to moving pictures. They should just buy "Montage" from Cityplace... at least it speaks to the building.

Film derives from "still photography" so I don't see how it could be inappropriate. You kidding about recommending Montage right?

Interesting. The promotional material uses a font very similar (though I am sure it's not exactly the same, though some letters, like the distinctive R) to the TTC Station font. The logo is good, the name, meh.

It's clear the the name launch is meant to coincide with the TIFF. The schedules and promotional stuff are full of ads for it.

Good to see they got a 12 year old to make the website. Why should we expect any better from Bell.

So long as there are no more traditional Canadian rodents featured in it.

Won't somebody, please, make roadkill of those two annoying rodents. At least Telus' animals don't talk.

So, does the re-branding refer to the condos as well, or just the TIFF podium?

Back