London on the Esplanade Condos (Cityzen) - Real Estate -

The furniture is beautiful.

Fits in with the whole "London" scheme perfectly.

I'm sure that the pieces were selected very carefully by the interior designer and are only a few of many more to come.

Ahh dcc008 you still wearing those rose colored glasses I see.

This is exactly what happens when developers are allowed to run condo boards. I'm not politically inclined one way or another, but MPP Rosario Marchese has a third reading coming up of his Bill 79 which updates the condo act and specifically prevents the "abuse of proxy votes by development companies". You're not getting your building attended to because of this. You need to go door to door and sign up enough people to redo your entire board or by the end of the first year you will be f***ed and out $100 000's in incomplete repairs plus sky high condo fees, etc..

I'm pretty sure I heard someone tonight quote this exact same paragraph..minus the fbomb :eek:

did Phyllis get 42 Proxy votes from the developer or 22 votes? Not sure if I heard wrong. What a sham

did Phyllis get 42 Proxy votes from the developer or 22 votes? Not sure if I heard wrong. What a sham

I hought it was made pretty clear.
They ran the breakdown of the numbers.
She campaigned hard and she was rewarded for her efforts.
She would have won without a single builder's vote.
What part of the above do you have a problem with other than the candidate you voted for didn't win.

Oh, by the way. Mine did.

I think there would have been a different outcome if we knew ahead of time that she got 30% of the proxy votes from the developer.

Different outcome? Oh come on. Give yourself a shake. There is no sense in saying stuff like that after the fact.
In other words she recieved 70% of her proxy votes from individuals that she vigorously lobbied beforehand along with a clear and solid majority on the floor last night.
Why not try taking a different tack at this.
She ran for this position because she honestly felt she could contribute and be able to make things happen. She already has proved that to us, when she set out to win.
In a few months all of us will have an opportunity and a difficult challenge to get a large majority to vote for having FIVE members on the board. WE NEED THAT.
Why not talk to her about it. Tell her you want to be a part of that process.

This was my first board meeting and judging from a lot of people's concerns about the last meeting things didn't go so well. Which was why I left feeling a little concerned. As long as she has good intentions I'll give her the chance.

This was my first board meeting and judging from a lot of people's concerns about the last meeting things didn't go so well. Which was why I left feeling a little concerned. As long as she has good intentions I'll give her the chance.

Were you the guy at the front who brought up the issue of the unfair vote? If that was you, you should run next time!

Anyone know when the pool will be done?

It's almost complete... last bit of tile was going in last I looked and all the machinery is in place downstairs. So I imagine it will be operational next spring.

I think the hot tub is supposed to be all year though so... not sure when that will open.

I used the gym on Saturday, and was pleasently surprised. The change room was nice but it doesn't seem like it's ever been used, HOWEVER one of the shower stalls has broken tiles!
The pool is closed according to the sign security posted. The sauna room looks ready so I'm going to try that this week.
Where's the hot tub supposed to be at?

Last edited:
The tiles in the shower stall were replaced. Also, today they upgraded the ceiling in the East Tower lobby.....now it's covered with white wallpaper with black/grey flower patterns. Looks good to me.

The hot tub is in the pool (on the east side).

On a different note, is anyone having trouble with the heating? The air always starts off warm and then cools down the longer it works. This causes the system to run at full speed without raising the temperature to the desired level.

Sounds like your heat unit is on the fritz. By default it heats up the room to 2 degrees above your set temp and then shuts off.

I kinda like the accents they're putting in. While they don't say London to me they're pretty good over all.

If it weren't for this thread, I would've never looked up the ceiling at the east tower lobby. Looks great!
What's the desk and chair for anyways? I know we are not getting a conceirge at the east tower so is it for the security person to sit when they are doing the rounds? My friend came to visit and he pretended to be the door person for a few minutes, it's fun in that sense, I guess. :)

Back