London on the Esplanade Condos (Cityzen) - Real Estate -

They're still not done? The building has been registered for how many months now? How ridiculous.

Does anybody know when the amenities will be completed by? I'm starting to get really frustrated.

They're still not done? The building has been registered for how many months now? How ridiculous.

prime examples of why having buyers move in and pay 'occupancy fees' or maintenance fees for a registered condo without being completed is ridiculous ...

I live in the building and to say that the amenities are incomplete is false. The gym and spa areas are open. The pool and a few other areas on not yet open. What's so ridiculous and frustrating about that? 95% of the people living in the building are renters anyways so be prepared to see these areas DESTROYED as soon as they're made available.

I live in the building and to say that the amenities are incomplete is false. The gym and spa areas are open. The pool and a few other areas on not yet open. What's so ridiculous and frustrating about that? 95% of the people living in the building are renters anyways so be prepared to see these areas DESTROYED as soon as they're made available.

:confused:

The pool is incomplete, the party room is incomplete, the theater room is incomplete, the library is incomplete, the game room is incomplete. Do you still consider that being complete?

I personally would consider the building to be incomplete. As Gambit pointed out - many amenities are still unavailable and I'm not sure there is a tipping point that if certain things (gym, sauna) or even a certain % of things are done that it becomes complete. It is binary - either complete or incomplete. And with things outstanding, that is the definition of incomplete, no?

More importantly, I was prompted to reply not to challenge the definitions but because I took offense to the "broad brush" insinuation that renters like myself are responsible for the destruction of common areas. Just because you rent doesn't mean that you don't have any pride in your home - which can mean both your unit and common areas. From what I've seen with friends and family, the deterioration of common areas like party rooms at least occur because there are just so many people in and out and often guests feel a little less inhibited in these rooms than if you were hosting a party in your own unit. So spills may be more frequent...and less diligently attended to and so on and so forth.

While I'm delurking - thanks to all the other posters who have provided helpful information - like the construction plans for the L tower, comments about heating etc.

The Lobby furniture is in the West Tower.
Looks the builder found a warehouse clearout event somewhere or a Garage sale possibly.
Two goofy high back leather chairs shoved in a corner that look lke they would be happier in some small suburban office lobby, and a teak bedroom dresser over to the side.
This has GOT to be somebody's idea of a joke.
If it isn't, it's an absolute embarassment. Hell I have friends coming to visit this weekend. Maybe I can recurit a couple of people to help me move this junk into the Trash room before Saturday.

Last edited:
Does anybody know when the amenities will be completed by? I'm starting to get really frustrated.

I share your frustrations, Gambit.
You certainly don't see much activity.
Gives one the feeling that crew has abandoned ship.
For me it's become a morbid fascination to look up at the dangling work lights in front of the elavators and wonder how many more times they plan to patch and sand that ceiling. As the third or was it the fourth go they had at it was a number of months ago, perhaps they just go bored redoing it and gave up completely.

Please tell me this 95% is an exaggeration, not a real estimate? In my older condo building down the street I would estimate the renter proportion to be well less than half, maybe not even a quarter of the population based on the people I've met in the building. Are the newer buildings that much different? All common areas in a condo are subject to wear and tear, hence the continual rotation of ongoing maintenance that occurs in a properly run condo building through its lifespan. I do notice that renters in my building often take less pride in the than owners, but most are still respectful. It's always a few bad apples that make a bad name for all.

Please tell me this 95% is an exaggeration, not a real estimate? In my older condo building down the street I would estimate the renter proportion to be well less than half, maybe not even a quarter of the population based on the people I've met in the building. Are the newer buildings that much different? All common areas in a condo are subject to wear and tear, hence the continual rotation of ongoing maintenance that occurs in a properly run condo building through its lifespan. I do notice that renters in my building often take less pride in the than owners, but most are still respectful. It's always a few bad apples that make a bad name for all.

Of course it's exaggeration., but it is born from that feeling of futility, anger and frustration.

Long time lurker, first time poster
I am looking into purchasing a 2 bedroom unit in the east tower; I'll be living in it.
Looking through the threads, it seems that the building had been registered for a while (almost a year?) but the amenities are still not done? What is going on?
Also, while visiting the building, I noticed most units' doors are still unfinished, I don't know how to describe it; four little circles on them.
I asked about the lack of conceirge in the east tower and it sounds like that's something that's still being decided by the board. Was there one that was promised in the east tower at all? It was very odd to go in from 1 Scott to get to 38 Esplanade.
Is there something that I should be warned about?

Last edited:
This is exactly what happens when developers are allowed to run condo boards. I'm not politically inclined one way or another, but MPP Rosario Marchese has a third reading coming up of his Bill 79 which updates the condo act and specifically prevents the "abuse of proxy votes by development companies". You're not getting your building attended to because of this. You need to go door to door and sign up enough people to redo your entire board or by the end of the first year you will be f***ed and out $100 000's in incomplete repairs plus sky high condo fees, etc..

Last edited:
The Lobby furniture is in the West Tower.
Looks the builder found a warehouse clearout event somewhere or a Garage sale possibly.
Two goofy high back leather chairs shoved in a corner that look lke they would be happier in some small suburban office lobby, and a teak bedroom dresser over to the side.
This has GOT to be somebody's idea of a joke.
If it isn't, it's an absolute embarassment. Hell I have friends coming to visit this weekend. Maybe I can recurit a couple of people to help me move this junk into the Trash room before Saturday.

The furniture is beautiful.

Fits in with the whole "London" scheme perfectly.

I'm sure that the pieces were selected very carefully by the interior designer and are only a few of many more to come.

Almost there...

Attachments

• IMG_123831.jpg
    IMG_123831.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_123839.jpg
    IMG_123839.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_123830.jpg
    IMG_123830.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_123843.jpg