London on the Esplanade Condos (Cityzen) - Real Estate -

Looks nice, I'm sure you residents can't wait!

I have a question for all of you. Overall would you say you're happy with the build quality of your suites. We purchased a condo in another building currently under construction by three developers: Menkes, Cityzen and Fernbrook. We're only a few months away from occupancy and I'm curious as to what we should expect.

Also, what was the time between doing your PDI and move in?

The furniture is beautiful.

Fits in with the whole "London" scheme perfectly.

I'm sure that the pieces were selected very carefully by the interior designer and are only a few of many more to come.

Oooh I beg to differ. I don't think they go with the London theme at all. We in the east tower got some furniture too and I think it all looks horrendous. The pieces don't match, the scale of the pieces is way off. It all looks like it came from a jumble sale. Sorry, just sayin' like.

Long time lurker, first time poster
I am looking into purchasing a 2 bedroom unit in the east tower; I'll be living in it.
Looking through the threads, it seems that the building had been registered for a while (almost a year?) but the amenities are still not done? What is going on?
Also, while visiting the building, I noticed most units' doors are still unfinished, I don't know how to describe it; four little circles on them.
I asked about the lack of conceirge in the east tower and it sounds like that's something that's still being decided by the board. Was there one that was promised in the east tower at all? It was very odd to go in from 1 Scott to get to 38 Esplanade.
Is there something that I should be warned about?

Hey Springroll,

All the doors are finished. The 4 holes were drilled and later on screwed because the panel on the door was falling off so they screwed the panels to the doors. I'm assuming they were being held by glue. This was done months of ago for some units in the West Tower. East tower had these done about a little over a month ago and they still haven't painted them yet. Not sure if they painted any in the West tower yet.

When I moved in March we had concierge in the East Tower, then a couple of weeks later they took him out. It is frustrating if you're on a showing to go in from 1 Scott but if you live here you don't mind it. If you have visitors you just buzz them in and they don't have to sign in.

Thanks for the update, Zeeden! That's a relief to hear that, along with the info on the amenities being ready.

I did end up acquiring an unit in the east tower in the end and am moving in in October. Good timing that I can start enjoying the amenities. I don't think I'll mind the lack of concierge once I moved in either. We'll just have to be deligent about not leaving the door open or letting random people in.

Do they just buzz people in to the visitor parking lots by stating whom they are visitng? I'm a little confused about the moving procedure; do they let delivery/moving trucks to unload through the back of 38 Esplanade? I was told that I need to book the elevator ahead of time with the concierge at 1 Scott, but I'd rather not having to go through the 1 Scott building for this moving exercise. This whole two buildings 1 concierge thing confuses me and I'm hoping I'll get more clarity as time goes on. I'm all for it if this limits my fee increase though!

Hey Springroll,

All the doors are finished. The 4 holes were drilled and later on screwed because the panel on the door was falling off so they screwed the panels to the doors. I'm assuming they were being held by glue. This was done months of ago for some units in the West Tower. East tower had these done about a little over a month ago and they still haven't painted them yet. Not sure if they painted any in the West tower yet.

When I moved in March we had concierge in the East Tower, then a couple of weeks later they took him out. It is frustrating if you're on a showing to go in from 1 Scott but if you live here you don't mind it. If you have visitors you just buzz them in and they don't have to sign in.

Visitor parking is P1-P2 and not free and anyone can enter the garage. The spots are monitored by a private parking management company. When you have visitors, tell them to park down @ P2 by spot numbers 90-100. Those spots are located under the East Tower and are close to the buzzer. Your guests do not have to buzz concierge, they can just buzz you and go straight to your unit.

Loading dock is located by the east tower and you will not have to go through 1 Scott, moving will be a breeze.

Thanks for the update, Zeeden! That's a relief to hear that, along with the info on the amenities being ready.

I did end up acquiring an unit in the east tower in the end and am moving in in October. Good timing that I can start enjoying the amenities. I don't think I'll mind the lack of concierge once I moved in either. We'll just have to be deligent about not leaving the door open or letting random people in.

Do they just buzz people in to the visitor parking lots by stating whom they are visitng? I'm a little confused about the moving procedure; do they let delivery/moving trucks to unload through the back of 38 Esplanade? I was told that I need to book the elevator ahead of time with the concierge at 1 Scott, but I'd rather not having to go through the 1 Scott building for this moving exercise. This whole two buildings 1 concierge thing confuses me and I'm hoping I'll get more clarity as time goes on. I'm all for it if this limits my fee increase though!

So do we have a approximate idea of when the amenities will be completed?

The gym and spa have been complete for months.

All other amenities are complete. There was an opening and viewing last weekend. Everything looked beautiful. They put tons of money into this place, unlike my last building.

OK....WHAT is with the power being out in the building all the time?! It's driving me mental. Seriously. I had a dinner party on Saturday that was basically ruined...not to mention being late for work AGAIN this morning thanks to no bloody power.

Yes it can get pretty annoying. Luckily by chance I'm either leaving to go somewhere or sleeping when it does happen. What I hate the most is when theres no hot water.

We understand Toronto Hydro is having a problem. There is poor voltage quality on the grid we are on which is causing these "brown outs". The fluctuation in power from the street causes our system to shut down as a safety precaution. We apologize for the inconvenience and want to assure residents that this issue is being addressed with Toronto Hydro.

Toronto Hydro sucks!! Ha. Thank you Cityzen...I am sure you guys are doing everything you can...you've been terrific with everything else.

No coffee..
GRRRRRR

Back