London on the Esplanade Condos (Cityzen) - Real Estate -

thank you for updating the website, that made my day for sure....

I heard the gym wont be ready til next year, I been using the one across the street at novetel

You're using the one at the Novatel? You can do that? I ended up joining the Goodlife at King/Yonge. How much is the Novotel and do they have lots of equipment? Private message me with you like with the detes!
:)

I was in there today on a showing, 30 th floor no carpet, boarded elevators:eek:

Actually it may be a plus for you that the carpet wasn't installed yet! Not all prospective buyers will dig the Vegas strip club look. One of our elevators in the east tower is STILL boarded up, though they were kind enough to at least paint the plywood in it (although it’s now adorned with several comments about some fellow named Isi, which range from “Isi for president†to “Isi sucksâ€).

It surprises me that just a short decade ago a building had to be pretty much complete (that includes windows in, crane down, carpet installed, lobby complete, facilities operational) before people started moving in. Suite and common area deficiencies would continue to be addressed in the months that followed which I used to think was wrong! Now a building can be registered before it's complete? That's just crazy.

Actually it may be a plus for you that the carpet wasn't installed yet! Not all prospective buyers will dig the Vegas strip club look. One of our elevators in the east tower is STILL boarded up, though they were kind enough to at least paint the plywood in it (although it’s now adorned with several comments about some fellow named Isi, which range from “Isi for president” to “Isi sucks”).

With you on the carpet. Kind of off topic but this is a funny story....last week I left my unit at around 5.30 am on the way to the gym... There is nobody around at that time...well...there was some guy PASSED OUT on the floor outside my door. I freaked out and went and told security...the guy was a drunk friend of one of my neighbours apparently. Anyway...I told a friend of mine this and he said "are you sure it wasn't a dead Zebra?". Nice.

Last edited:
It surprises me that just a short decade ago a building had to be pretty much complete (that includes windows in, crane down, carpet installed, lobby complete, facilities operational) before people started moving in. Suite and common area deficiencies would continue to be addressed in the months that followed which I used to think was wrong! Now a building can be registered before it's complete? That's just crazy.
I agree...I don't think I'll see carpet and wallpaper on my floor until 2010. No amenities either...

hmmmm...

Actually it may be a plus for you that the carpet wasn't installed yet! Not all prospective buyers will dig the Vegas strip club look. One of our elevators in the east tower is STILL boarded up, though they were kind enough to at least paint the plywood in it (although it’s now adorned with several comments about some fellow named Isi, which range from “Isi for president†to “Isi sucksâ€).

I agree that this look isn't for everyone, it certainly isn't meant for the purchaser who isn't interior design savvy :p. But, Vegas strip club look? Ouch! I live in the podium and I really think the designers got it right here. I'd say these carpets are more "Boutique Hotel-esque" than Vegas strip club. I'm pretty sure that's what they were going for. It's more unique than that cheesy neutral coloured carpet used in other buildings. To be honest, I'm quite happy the elevator is still boarded up as I previously bought new construction and the elevators hadn't been boarded. The workers absolutely destroyed it so, I'm glad we're going to get a brand spanking new elevator :)

I'd rather have it registered ASAP to avoid paying Occupancy Fees since we're forced to pay it and it goes towards NOTHING.

Anyone turn on their heating yet? I switched it on for the first time yesterday and the fan got really loud, sort of like when the A/C is on. The air coming out was just slightly warm.

I had some documentation from the fan pump and I thought it said the compressor only came on for the A/C (not heating). I'm not saying the compressor is turning on now, but the sound level is comparable.

You're using the one at the Novatel? You can do that? I ended up joining the Goodlife at King/Yonge. How much is the Novotel and do they have lots of equipment? Private message me with you like with the detes!
:)
$39/mos if you commit to a yr, $49 otherwise. it is a small and mediocre gym at best, but it's NEVER busy, and it's close. there's a pool and sauna too. 1st month free-trial for London residents.

I was at London on Saturday to check out the remaining 665 sq. ft unit they have left. Love the look of the building and it's interior. As for the carpeting in the hallways, sure, it's not for everyone, but I felt it went hand in hand with the London Mod look that they're going for. Definitely not boring nor is it over the top.

As for the unit I looked at, it was on the 6th floor with the most awful view of the nearby shabby rooftops. The unit itself is a floor plan that is a little difficult to work with in terms of design. I wish I had an opportunity at other units and floor plans as it's a great building.

$39/mos if you commit to a yr, $49 otherwise. it is a small and mediocre gym at best, but it's NEVER busy, and it's close. there's a pool and sauna too. 1st month free-trial for London residents.

Thanks for that rexdale49. I am really liking Goodlife ($100 a month!) because of all the equipment, I am in there at 6 am so it's not too busy. I am just not looking forward to the walk there in the dead of winter! I think i might have to check out the Novotel for that reason alone. Thanks again for the info.

Back