News   Apr 19, 2024
 331     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 624     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.3K     2 

Little Trinity Church Workmans Cottages (399 King East, 2s, ERA/dTAH)

Intertesting - those buildings seem to be in pretty good shape circa 1982, although they may have been covered in some sort of stucco? I wonder how long they've been in their current vacant state, given that my earlist recollection of them in 2005 is bare-brick and decrepit.

I do think it's a little antisocial of Little Trinity to sit on these eyesores for so long. Love your neighbours and all that.

Last edited:
Circa 1932. From the Toronto Public Library website at:

http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/digital-archive/

pictures-r-3164.jpg

http://www.thegridto.com/city/places/derelict-delights-399-king-st-e/

Derelict Delights: 399 King St. E.

Derelict Delights is a weekly series where we look at abandoned buildings begging for revitalization. This week: We find out how the last remaining vestiges of Corktown's 19th-century streetscape are (finally) being brought into the modern age.

BY: SHELLEY WHITE

TUE APR 24, 2012

There will be office space on the main floor and a commercial kitchen and conference room on the top floor, while the basement will house a large space for the church’s youth group. As well, the facility will include showers, which will be made available to the local homeless population.

The project gets officially underway at the site’s groundbreaking this Sunday, and Jonker says they hope to be able to move in by January of next year. The project’s been a long time coming, he says, because they went through a long fund-raising period in order to pay for the renovations.

They started demolition a couple of weeks ago. It was interesting to see inside where they had pulled the backs of the buildings off - the many layers of paint, wallpaper and plaster, and you could get a real sense of how bad the foundations are given the sags in the doors...

I haven't been there much lately, but the last time I was, oh, a couple of weeks ago, nothing had changed since late August.

I haven't been there much lately, but the last time I was, oh, a couple of weeks ago, nothing had changed since late August.
The front wall is being braced (almost done as far as I can see) so I assume the rest of the building will soon be demolished, it does not look as though it would take much to bring it down and I bet they had a hard time bracing the front wall and avoidig a collapse while they worked.

Back