News   Apr 25, 2024
 350     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Liberty Village Towers/Bliss (CanAlfa, 24 + 20s, IBI-HB)

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
Good to finally see some activity on this site... They need to start anyday now if they want to make their 2010 deadline

my guess is 2011 would be the reasonable estimated occupancy given the delays

It appears as if the owners here are victims of the ol' porta-pottie trick!

sometimes at my office I will set up a porta-pottie in my cubicle to create the apperance of work being done, when in fact I am delaying my work some more.

anyways....

Monarch has a deadline for Vibe of 2010, and they are hard working. They have been working on long weekends on ZIP and stuff and it was a few months behind.

I guess an occupancy date of 2010 was given, but 2011 sounds reasonable, could be 2012, 2013 who knows.

Wow, nothing, huh? That really sucks for LT and Bliss buyers.

Hypothetically, if these projects were to NOT happen, what would that mean for the Toronto condo market? Would it be a sign of terrible things to come, heralding a much slower condo market (which would probably be a good thing for a healthy real estate market)? Or just an isolated incident?

Anyone notice that their ad in the Condo Guide says "now under construction"? Any lawyers here know if that's misrepresentation? They may have put the toilets on site to avoid liability in my opinion. Also, I head that Monarch wants to buy some of the land that Canalfa owns. Would be good for the community since Monarch is extremely reputable.

Bornandbred - where did you hear the news about Monarch? I wonder what land they're after, since it looks like all remaining Canalfa land is scheduled for announced developments...

I think it would be good for the condo market, a lot of people with a lot of money would need to go else where. ( supply demand)

I just read an article saying the toronto condo market is priced perfectly (when compaired to rent) so I can only see it going up or flat. unless new buyers come in.

It looks like a really nice project, why hasn't it started yet?

Hypothetically, if these projects were to NOT happen, what would that mean for the Toronto condo market? Would it be a sign of terrible things to come, heralding a much slower condo market (which would probably be a good thing for a healthy real estate market)? Or just an isolated incident?

The situation with this development is a reflection of credit conditions rather then sales - both projects have sold fairly well, but the developer was having difficulty obtaining financing. As for the rest of the market there are other developments that are having issues with capital, but currently there aren't any projects I can think of that are as obvious as this one (a big hole in the ground and nothing happening).

I bet monarch will get the job done! on one of the Remax sites they still show occupancy as fall 2008 lol

Construction has begun on a deck and the trailers have been painted.:) There was not a lot of rain from hurricane Ike so Lake Liberty has not changed, and no work has been done in the pit. September 15:
2861029161_d8bc0211d8_b.jpg

Back