News   Apr 24, 2024
 597     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 821     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 543     0 

Liberty Village Towers/Bliss (CanAlfa, 24 + 20s, IBI-HB)

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
this is really sad ... since we have nothing to report the on construction status of Liberty Tower / Bliss, we are now left with reporting on the construction status of the construction office ... sigh :rolleyes:

Why would they set up trailers, etc. and go through all the trouble of painting them and getting the construction staging area ready (just last week) if they had any inclination to scrap the project? CanAlfa is in the business of building, it just wouldn't make sense for them to scrap - it'd kill not only Liberty Village (it's still at least 8 condo's short of being full) and that's their project they've been working on for almost 20 years! I really hope this doesn't come to pass. It would be bad for the whole area. Although my current condo would probably become even more desirable.

Ya I hear ya but one has to wonder with all the delays. I know they have a lot invested in the project and the whole area and they already dug the hole! I think the loft I got was probably someone who dropped out because it just went back up for sale on Sunday and its pretty awesome. Charlotte model 10th floor South facing...

Anyways, I dont think I would give it up so we shal wait and see.

I was just reading in the paper that new projects are keeping a lid on prices, if this project fails then prices will be sky high in the area, Canalfa may be better off to relaunch,

and it will be good for people already in the area...

I was on the facebook group for this site which isn't an active group at all, not like zip and vibe. is it all investors in there?

I was reading this one guy bought 5 units in the project, he should learn to diversify next time!

The people who've bought in this project have the patience of Job. How many months has CanAlfa been using the whole "financing will be secure any minute now" line?

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been more of an uproar from buyers at these projects. But then, if it were me, maybe it's easier to keep hope up if you're not ranting?

I'm not sure if it's the patience of Job (and I wonder how many people got the biblical reference?). The cold hard truth is that there is nothing a buyer or even a group of buyers can do. The law rests firmly on the side of the builder. No amount of pressure or discussion will move things along. On the plus side, at least CanAlfa didn't do the old WestSide Loft trick (on Queen West across from the Drake) and change our suite sizes, tell us we're now paying $50-$100000 more for our suites, or take a hike. Considering the excavation is complete (about a 3 month job for this size), I'd say that if they start construction now, they'll end up being about 18 months behind, which is about 6 months more than most projects.

The cold hard truth is that there is nothing a buyer or even a group of buyers can do. The law rests firmly on the side of the builder.

Which is why it is curious that a builder would be mailing out a construction schedule. For example, if there is as much snow as last winter, that schedule will be messed up. "Late completion" is a belief constructed on the over-optimism of the developers.

I'm not sure if it's the patience of Job (and I wonder how many people got the biblical reference?). The cold hard truth is that there is nothing a buyer or even a group of buyers can do.

Yes, I'm a very spiritual person ;)

Sadly, I know that the buyer is basically powerless, I'm just surprised I'm not hearing more grumbing and outright anger/frustration in venues like this. This delay has gone on, how long? Wasn't construction supposed to start more than a year ago? I guess I'm just surprised a group haven't banded together to demand answers and clarity. I generally find people are forgiving of delays, so long as their kept in the loop as to the reason and regularly updated on any changes, progress. It sounds to me like CanAlfa has just zipped their collective lips and are only handing out half truths to people who call the sales office.

Oh trust me, there's been plenty of venting on the Facebook website and to CanAlfa in person, but I think at this point, people are just so exhausted with worrying that they've collectively thrown up their hands and said what's done is done. Plus, they all stand to make a small fortune considering most suites were originally in the $320-370/ft range and will now sell for about $500.

It's also true that CanAlfa could do a much better job of communicating some of the details (and this has also been expressed to them in no uncertain terms), but in reality, how many people who bought really care about the vagaries of international financing, how many hoops there are to jump through, who's holding the hoop and why the hoop is now on fire! Most people just want to know when, not how. As in the film biz, the actual construction portion of a project is near the end of it's lifespan. All they can do is hope it'll turn out in the end. I think, and hope it will. It will add much needed style and class to the area after the hideous monstrosities of Monarch and the ridiculous 1100 unit monolith that will be King West Life Condo's.

PS...This Just In - Apparently they are in the very very final stages of financing and they should have it in DAYS. This from the VP of CanAlfa. Would make sense considering the trailers, hydro hookup, etc. that's been going on for the past few weeks. We'll see.

I think canalfa owns that womens prison thing that was going to be a bar( so i've been told).

construction started a while ago, but it looks like activity has stopped

...the hideous monstrosities of Monarch

Which are already built or under construction... they may not be architectural gems, but at least Monarch is communicating constantly with buyers and - hey - they're actually building.

Sorry, but I'd rather have a place to live than hypothetical profit in the bank and a share of Lake Liberty.

the hideous monstrosities of Monarch .

ohh snap!

He's got you there! a potential profit doesn't put a roof over your head, neither project is a hideous monstrosity.

If LVTO gets built you will be living RIGHT NEXT to a hideous monstrosity ..... the Gardner, the CN trains and maybe cell phone tower!

It's condo wars, lol. LVTO is a nice project, but it's giving a bad name to my hood! Its so dusty here from all the dirt in that hole

...It will add much needed style and class to the area after the hideous monstrosities of Monarch and the ridiculous 1100 unit monolith that will be King West Life Condo's.

while I too would like to see LT/Bliss finally start construction soon ... I don't necessarily believe CanAlfa's design is that much more outstanding in architectural merits than KingWestLife condos, Vibe, or Zip ... haha that's like bashing all of your neighbours in turn to say this project is the best (but yet it is not being built)

while I too would like to see LT/Bliss finally start construction soon ... I don't necesarrily believe CanAlfa's design is that much more outstanding in architectural merits than KingWestLife condos, Vibe, or Zip ... haha that's like bashing all of your neighbours in turn to say this project is the best (but yet it is not being built)

Indeed. While BP missed the mark hardcore from a design standpoint, Zip is actually pretty cool looking. Since Vibe is supposed to be identical, I would hardly call it a monstrosity either. It seems some people want to bash projects that are already off the ground in the hopes that it'll make theirs move faster. Can't we all just get along?

Back