News   Jul 08, 2024
 296     1 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 378     0 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 821     0 

Liberty Village Towers/Bliss (CanAlfa, 24 + 20s, IBI-HB)

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
Has anyone visited the neighbourhood recently to check on progress? From the highway it is hard to tell if the crane is even working.

This mighty large pit has some way to go before being filled in with concrete

3285756595_862e10a776_o.jpg

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! What a freakin' ordeal. Thanks Yossi. I needed to set the album to public, but then ignore any of the Picasa or address bar locations of the pic, and instead...right click on the pic, highlight "save image location", then use the "Insert Image" button in the forum.

Some more renders.

Bliss Tower, Townhomes in foreground, Lofts in back, Liberty Towers on right, looking Southeast.

Bliss.jpg

Similar render to above post but with the correct southern slope, looking Northeast.

Libertytowers.jpg

All dramatic and dark (I hope they use the same dark grey as GLAS, and I kinda like the blue too - let's hope it doesn't morph into something godawful).

ltnight.jpg

As for it looking like 2003, well it was designed in 2005, so that's not that far off. Could definitely be better though, I'd agree, but definitely a step up from the Monarch abomination.

From yesterday's Toronto Star:

One sunny, early spring afternoon, Lamb guides the Rolls through the squeaky-clean, just-add-water neighbourhood that has popped up in recent years in the former industrial zone in Liberty Village. He's selling a unit he owns in the Irwin Toy factory building, which he sold out for Lanterra Developments ("I buy about 25 apartments a year," he says).

He strides the wide hallways, noting small annoyances. "This ugly shit," he says, kicking the glue-on plastic baseboards. "Wood would have cost another $20,000 for the whole building. That's what happens when a developer runs out of money."

He stops to inspect a door, knocking the slim metal frame with a knuckle. "Same thing here. Plan your budget, and do it right." Back in the Rolls, Lamb rounds the corner into a strip-mall array of shops. "This is all garbage," he growls. "You feel like you're in Thornhill." Ahead, two boxy condo towers loom dozens of stories over squat townhomes.

"They should be hanged for building that," he fumes.

One of the few things I agree with Brad Lamb on.

Last edited:
new pics posted on Emporis: http://www.emporis.com/en/il/pc/?id=302157&aid=19&sro=1&yr=2009&mt=4

So Liberty Tower has an expected occupancy of July 2010, and Bliss has an expected occupancy of November 2010. I'm thinking Liberty Tower will more likely be November (at the earliest) and Bliss in 2011. Thoughts?

I agree with your estimate bizlady ... judging from the photos, LVT is at approximately the same stage/timing as Solaris (but one has more underground level while the other has more tower floors which kinda even out) ... the estimated occupancy for Solaris is end of 2010

Discussion regarding the Strachan crossing of the Rail tracks has been moved here.

I went by the site this morning. It looks like the level that they are currently working on, once completed, will bring the Liberty Tower side of the complex to street level. So basically after that, they will start working on the main floor!

Back