News   Apr 23, 2024
 354     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 358     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 600     0 

Liberty Village pedestrian link

End of 2021? Yikes.

This project ended up being so much less than the sum of its parts. Raw concrete? Love it. Glazed brick? Beautiful. Splashes of colour embedded in glass? Bring it on. Put together in one project, though, it's a hot mess.
So, will they be cladding the exposed concrete or is that the finished product? I assumed it would be clad with the brick veneer but this hasn't been touched in ages so maybe they are leaving it raw?

So, will they be cladding the exposed concrete or is that the finished product? I assumed it would be clad with the brick veneer but this hasn't been touched in ages so maybe they are leaving it raw?
I would hope that the StreetARToronto people will get the concrete all painted up soon.

According to someone on Facebook, the bridge will open in Spring
Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 3.03.56 PM.png

A member motion coming to the April 7th, 2021 meeting of City Council concerning this bridge.

The motion is asking to expedite opening, even if it means doing so in phases (I assume that would mean without the elevator)

1617199472970.png

1617199510388.png

When the elevators are closed due to maintenance, would they be closing the bridge entirely? Or would they keep it open, even though there is no complete access?
The standard BS for elevators and only having one in place of 2. The bridge will be open regardless if the elevator is working or not and screw the accessibility community.

It will be a rare day when both stairs and elevators open on the same day for ML and no surprise to see take a hike the long way for accessibly users for this bridge. What!! 2 years late opening this bridge???

Drove by the south side and busy beavers at work getting pavers down and landscaping ready for the big day. I guess they will be busy over the weekend to make sure things are ready for the 19th.

thanks for the pics. The Sudbury 504 stop is going to be a lot busier now.. And the Strachan stop a lot less crowded.

All the residents in LV are probably very happy with their faster commutes, at least once they start commuting again..

I bet this is also a huge boon for business for City Market too, their walking distance market just massively expanded.

Those stairs are a tagger's paradise!

Also, no runnels. What a shock...
Was going to say the same thing. I mean, just look at this. Prime real estate! I would think an open metal mesh, maybe decorative would have been better and less inviting for taggers. Also, for perceived safety, it would be ideal not to have blind/secluded corners. Something transparent would go a long way to making vulnerable users more comfortable.

img-7787-jpg.313769

Last edited:

Back