Legacy, Ultra, Yorkland @ Heron's Hill Condos (Monarch Homes) - Real Estate

I bought a unit in Yorkland in June 2010 and the occupancy date at the time was scheduled for September 2013. I called Monarch last week as we were supposed to get an update 1 year before our scheduled occupancy date and she advised that our Occupancy date has been pushed to February 2014. Has anyone else in Yorkland heard of a delay?

Just received a letter to be onsite for Ultra suite that i purchases so that we can get to see our new neighbours and get information from the hydro folks etc. Anyone from here coming over on Mar.26 ? It would be very nice to meet up in person if any one is coming over :)

Does any one know how did the other building (legacy) did in general for the folks who moved in - how was the experience with Monarch over all ? I am going to be dealing with this for the very first time and am very keen / excited about the process, It would be great if someone here can share their experience about Legacy (either moving in or reselling their units) as to how did they find the over all occupancy process ?

I also received a letter from Monarch (Ultra) for the meet and greet on March 27. Looking forward to it.

The event was nicely organized, Some good information was also delivered during the sitting. Over all it was a nice experience to be invited to an event to get to see the potential neighbour prior to move. They mentioned that they would be contracting PDI pro to help with the PDI's - I am not quite sure if i should solely rely on PDI Pro folks or if i should have my own inspector (or at least my own check-list of items to check) as i am assuming since PDI pro is representing the builder, they would obviously be more interested in getting the PDI executed as it suits to the builder ? For first time homebuyers like me who know nothing about PDIs, I am not quite sure if i should rely solely on PDI pro people that are arranged by Monarch - or am i being a bit paranoid about the PDI ?

anyone moved into Ultra yet or has had a PDI to their condo in Ultra yet ? Keen to know how was the move in experience and quality of construction ??

anyone moved into Ultra yet or has had a PDI to their condo in Ultra yet ? Keen to know how was the move in experience and quality of construction ??

We moved in a little while back - experience of dealing with Monarch is awesome, No major PDI issues and very good customer service. The building of-course isn't complete yet and some work is aggressively going on towards the upper floors - It seems like the units are now starting to occupy fairly faster. All in all - no regrets for buying with Monarch, Just not too sure if all the development that is happening along Sheppard (Tridel, Elad and Tribute (soon to come) , If that is necessarily a good thing for this pocket !?

Building Registration

We moved in a little while back - experience of dealing with Monarch is awesome, No major PDI issues and very good customer service. The building of-course isn't complete yet and some work is aggressively going on towards the upper floors - It seems like the units are now starting to occupy fairly faster. All in all - no regrets for buying with Monarch, Just not too sure if all the development that is happening along Sheppard (Tridel, Elad and Tribute (soon to come) , If that is necessarily a good thing for this pocket !?

Has the date been set for building registration? I'm really curious to find out. Thanks advance for anyone's help.

Has the date been set for building registration? I'm really curious to find out. Thanks advance for anyone's help.

I havnt heard anything...

But mail has started! I just happened to see the sign on the first floor while passing by in the elevator.. They should really start posting these things in the elevators instead, I couldve easily missed the notice....

Anyone know where the car wash bay is or how it works? I asked security but they dont seem to know anything about it...

Does any one else find the way parking lot is designed a bit confusing or is it just me. I would think having it setup in a way where traffic should only flow in one direction at a time until they reach the ramp would have been good. It seems like some cars use the legacy entrance to the lot and some use the Ultra entrance and they keep meeting head to head each time they are to go down the ramp. does any one else have any thoughts on this !?

Does any one else find the way parking lot is designed a bit confusing or is it just me. I would think having it setup in a way where traffic should only flow in one direction at a time until they reach the ramp would have been good. It seems like some cars use the legacy entrance to the lot and some use the Ultra entrance and they keep meeting head to head each time they are to go down the ramp. does any one else have any thoughts on this !?

I find it a bit same - and wondering how would Yorkland parking be setup. Would there be only these 2 entrances or If Yorkland would be sharing its parking with Legacy and Ultra at all ??

Does anyone know what the expected move-in date is for Yorkland? It's been so long since they've mailed me an update I can't remember what they told us...

Does anyone know what the expected move-in date is for Yorkland? It's been so long since they've mailed me an update I can't remember what they told us...

The last I heard for my unit was May 2014. We were supposed to get an update within 30 days of the roof capping, which should have been Aug/Sept but don't think that has happened yet. Anyone else have any updates?

Does anyone have an unused parking space at Ultra or Legacy? I would be using it Sunday evenings until Friday mornings. I am a resident of Ultra, and wouldn't need the garage remote.

PM if you have a spot available and we can work something out.

Is any one else in Ultra experiencing a loud bang noise every so often during the night time as if someone is hitting something heavy on the floor above 20th level ? I doubt i am the only one experiencing this as the bang is quite loud and is much more than just a door banging or an object falling. I am not sure how to go about tracking this down as it happens randomly at night time. For the life of me i cant figure out what the heck is that bang noise coming out of - does any one else living at Ultra have a clue !?

Back