Legacy, Ultra, Yorkland @ Heron's Hill Condos (Monarch Homes) - Real Estate

Has anyone gotten a call from Monarch about their color etc appointment for Ultra ? Just wondering as the construction seems to be moving ahead full speed.

Not me. I am not sure if any of the lower floor owners have started to get these calls as they mentioned that the plan was to get moving on this late 2011. Physical progress is moving nicely as it seems they are already a few floors done for the podium of Ultra.

Any word from any legacy unit owners on their experience with Monarch for this project ?

Not me. I am not sure if any of the lower floor owners have started to get these calls as they mentioned that the plan was to get moving on this late 2011. Physical progress is moving nicely as it seems they are already a few floors done for the podium of Ultra

This might be pre-mature to ask but i was wondering if any one from Legacy can share the apprx. cost of having the carpets in the bedrooms replaced by laminate (as in the living room). Also was wondering if the option to have a Fan installed instead of a celling light will be an option at the time of design studio appointment ?

Just got a letter stating that the design center appointments will be communicated to Ultra owners soon :)

on the rise

They are on right track to deliver on time. Watching Atria and Parkside by Tridel on the same strech - prices for those condos is ridiculously high, Is it so that Legacy Ultra and Yorkland would also have appreciated so much ? or is there something special about the Tridel project along sheppard ?

They are on right track to deliver on time. Watching Atria and Parkside by Tridel on the same strech - prices for those condos is ridiculously high, Is it so that Legacy Ultra and Yorkland would also have appreciated so much ? or is there something special about the Tridel project along sheppard ?

It's all marketing...it's not uncommon to see people selling condos after completion at a lower price than they purchase them at. Trust me, i'm a real estate junkie and i've see many already. Not saying anything about this particular project. Just saying what's going on out there in the pre-construction condo world.

best advice i can give is...if you're end user, will you be happy and satisfied with the location and amenities/finishes...if you're a true investor, will you get positive cash flow...if you'r a speculator, you will wait in line to get caught up in the marketing hype and buy based on emotion ("everyone else is buying") even if it's Negative cash flow, hoping that the prices will appreciate significantly once complete (because you saw other made money that way)...again, you'll be speculating/guessing and not basing it on facts and figures that matters when it comes to real estate.

Last edited:
It's all marketing...it's not uncommon to see people selling condos after completion at a lower price than they purchase them at. Trust me, i'm a real estate junkie and i've see many already. Not saying anything about this particular project. Just saying what's going on out there in the pre-construction condo world.

best advice i can give is...if you're end user, will you be happy and satisfied with the location and amenities/finishes...if you're a true investor, will you get positive cash flow...if you'r a speculator, you will wait in line to get caught up in the marketing hype and buy based on emotion ("everyone else is buying") even if it's Negative cash flow, hoping that the prices will appreciate significantly once complete (because you saw other made money that way)...again, you'll be speculating/guessing and not basing it on facts and figures that matters when it comes to real estate.

Luxome - you are bang on and I agree with you, just being as dumb as i am, just got a bit confused to understand your point when you say you have seen people sell at a loss. Wondering should that be happening, why are investors still crazy about buying Tridel prices are really crazy for these typical projects along sheppard, While Monarch sold their units at a much reasonable price - but the other onces are frigging exp. along the same strech and being bought like anything - If even a single unit is to be sold under its purchase price, would that not immidiately pull the investors away from the market to some extent ?

it's not uncommon to see people selling condos after completion at a lower price than they purchase them at.
- Really ? has been a while since i heard something like that. I will be keen to know more specifics around this -as in today's market, there shouldn't be many reasons to take on a loss, unless the exception for the sale to be under buying price was either driven by a personal situation or was due to another specific reason related to the sale.

Has anyone received any colour selection appointments ? please share your experience with the design centre and cost of upgrades if you have gone through it already. Thanks

bump bump ??

Would anyone want to share the total post dates cheques that had to be written for phantom rent ? Very keen to know how long did it take ? Has the final closing for Legacy even completed yet ?

Anyone in Ultra received the design studio appointment yet ? Seems like there hasnt been much activity on this forum from Ultra users :( If anyone can share the details on upgrades or packages that would be awesome :)

Anyone in Ultra received the design studio appointment yet ? Seems like there hasnt been much activity on this forum from Ultra users :( If anyone can share the details on upgrades or packages that would be awesome :)

All colours/materials is chosen individually (ie. theres no "package" to choose). Choosing: Kitchen cabinet, cabinet handle, countertop, backsplash. Bedroom carpet. Bathroom floor, counter, cabinet, backsplash. Lots of colours/options to choose from (standard selection usually has between 4-8 colours/options to choose from for each item). Upgrading will open up selection to even more options, obviously.

All colours/materials is chosen individually (ie. theres no "package" to choose). Choosing: Kitchen cabinet, cabinet handle, countertop, backsplash. Bedroom carpet. Bathroom floor, counter, cabinet, backsplash. Lots of colours/options to choose from (standard selection usually has between 4-8 colours/options to choose from for each item). Upgrading will open up selection to even more options, obviously.

Thanks Jin-N-Juice, Thats fantastic to know, I was hearing from some others how the options in color selection etc are very limited and was curious to know about Ultra. Seems like it would be a good experience then :) Any suggested upgrades ?? or price point around any upgrades ? I am thinking of having both the rooms get laminate instead of carpets and removing the tub and having a shower instead - not even sure if thats possible, but would be nice to have :)

Thanks Jin-N-Juice, Thats fantastic to know, I was hearing from some others how the options in color selection etc are very limited and was curious to know about Ultra. Seems like it would be a good experience then :) Any suggested upgrades ?? or price point around any upgrades ? I am thinking of having both the rooms get laminate instead of carpets and removing the tub and having a shower instead - not even sure if thats possible, but would be nice to have :)

Cant provide suggestions since I had no idea what I was doing. First condo so never did selection before. Best to go and pick and choose what you want, and ask sales rep for quotes

Back