Legacy, Ultra, Yorkland @ Heron's Hill Condos (Monarch Homes) - Real Estate

Hi all, I haven't quite kept up with the communication regarding the final progress of transit city, but would any one know if the transit city project has anu expansions that will be happening directly relating to the location of this project ? LRT subwaY street cars ? Any thing that buyers of legacy Ultra or Yorkland should look forward for ? I was hearing a lot of changes in the original transit city final plan and am not sure what are the final updates and any changes that one can expect along sheppard particularly along Legacy and Ultra's location ?

So I was driving home today and decided to stop by to see the progress of the Heron's Hill condos. Since it was dark and fogy and I had a terrible camera, I just ended up taking a few photos of the parking garage and the pit for the Yorkland + Ultra condos. Anyway, here are some photos (sorry for the absolutely horrible quality but better than nothing!).

MonarchPitParking.jpg

MonarchParking.jpg

MonarchPit.jpg

MonarchStreet.jpg

The parking garage is actually huge although driving space looks pretty tight as expected. Legacy condo looked just as expected. Everything looks very grey / concrete but that's probably because only the foundation had been built. I'm assuming the pit that's currently being dug is for Yorkland and Ultra condos.
Cheers.

The parking garage is actually huge although driving space looks pretty tight as expected. Legacy condo looked just as expected. Everything looks very grey / concrete but that's probably because only the foundation had been built. I'm assuming the pit that's currently being dug is for Yorkland and Ultra condos.
Cheers.

Not sure how to read the driving space - but you are absolutely correct about the parking lot - Its really huge !!! btw: pics arent that bad given how foggy it is in the pics :)

Would there be separate entrances into the garage for all three buildings ? Curious to know if there will be any entrance on sheppard right opposite to "the crossroads" condos ?

Would there be separate entrances into the garage for all three buildings ? Curious to know if there will be any entrance on sheppard right opposite to "the crossroads" condos ?

They already put up the street lights for an entrance to sheppard. If i remember correctly it is a couple of meters east of the crossroad building entrance.

Not sure how to read the driving space - but you are absolutely correct about the parking lot - Its really huge !!! btw: pics arent that bad given how foggy it is in the pics :)

From what I saw, I didn't see a separate entrance for the 3 buildings... I definitely didn't see an entrance on Sheppard.

They already put up the street lights for an entrance to sheppard. If i remember correctly it is a couple of meters east of the crossroad building entrance.

Havent noticed it yet, however while driving by the site - the sidewalks are so cluttered and full of crap. I hope they will develop that area a bit with some nice greenery etc to give the project a good final detail from the outside, as at the moment its looking quite messy on the side walk outskirts

What are some good upgrades to get?

depending on other preferences you have, these are a few basic ones i would recommend.

below mentioned would be important if you are planning to install thin screen TV (LCD / LED etc)

Relocate TV outlet $160 (unless the outlet is exactly where you want it to be as per your personal plan for TV installation)

In wall Conduit for TV $256

Plywood backing/support for TV $160 (would be good to have, may be you can have them install the mount if they can for an extra $$ cost)

Pot lights / valence lighting will be more of a personal call, however Monarch has this upgrade ridiculously overpriced, can be done cheaper to get a contractor and do it (if you want it, I think it can be lived without for sure).

Everything else to me seems stuff that is more of a luxury than requirement and can be worked around. Having an additional socket for electricity would help if you have plans to connect any other external appliances (air purifiers etc), nothing other than that looks very appealing, as almost all you would ideally need is being installed as basic options by default.

Im in Ultra's podium. Got a letter for "Initial Appointment" - for electrical and plumbing upgrades. Got an electrical plan similar to what OolloO got in this post: http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?9832-Legacy-Ultra-Yorkland-Heron-s-Hill&p=331515#post331515

Im looking at the prices that (s)he quoted here as well... http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?9832-Legacy-Ultra-Yorkland-Heron-s-Hill&p=374436#post374436 I have my appointment next week. What are some good upgrades to get?

Don't bother with pot lights unless you are on the top floor and have verfied that the ceiling is dropped. Otherwise, you will lose a foot from your ceiling height. It's also probably a lot cheaper to get someone to come in and do it for you later, that is if you have a dropped ceiling.

The cost of getting the wall set for a mounted tv is about $800. (I got it and I'm still not sure if this was a good decision)
Relocate TV outlet $160
New Electrical outlet $232
In wall Conduit for TV $256
Plywood backing/support for TV $160

I also increase the bathroom counter height. I know I quoted it for $160, but they requoted me at $240...
Bathroom Counter upgrade height 32' -> 36" $240

Don't worry, this is peanuts in comparison to what you can select for finishings and how much they will cost.

Thanks for the insight!

I plan on buying an LCD, but Im not sure which side of the living room I want to put it on yet... Im not even sure if I want to put it on the wall, or on a TV stand yet... Is all the $800 really required if I want to wallmount an LCD? Is it possible to do it afterwards? I only know for sure I want to wall mount an LCD in the bedroom, but not sure yet in the living room...

The electrical layout shows the TV outlet on the wall adjacent to the next unit. I want to put the TV on the side adjacent to my bedroom, but the wall there is shorter because the HVAC unit is in the way

Don't worry, this is peanuts in comparison to what you can select for finishings and how much they will cost.

Do you have information on what are they charging for extra finishing touches etc ? was just wondering how expensive is it and what would be a recommended finishing upgrades

• Bathroom Counter upgrade height 32' -> 36" $160
  • In shower/tub bathroom light $328
  • Cap Light $216
  • Switch for additional lighting $200
  • Potlight (MR16) $336
  • New TV outlet $356
  • Relocate TV outlet $160
  • Convert tub to shower $1920
  • New Electrical outlet $232
  • Relocate Electrical outlet $160
  • Plywood backing/support for TV $160
  • In wall Conduit for TV $256
  • Valence lighting for kitchen counter top $1000

These prices are about the same as what I was quoted for Ultra.
32" -> 36" was correctly quoted to me at $240
I only got plywood support for TV at $160. All the wires dont really need to be hidden in a conduit since I can just hide them in a wireloom if I wanted to...
Valance lighting for kitchen countertop was $1400 and cabinet trim to hide the valance lighting is approx $40, but depends on cabinetry chosen. You can just stick those cheapie dome lights from CT if you wanted the same effect, and just hide them with extra cabinet trim
Waterline if you wanted a fridge with an icemaker is $640
Extra potlight in washroom is $272, plus cost of adding/relocating switch(es). Waiting for quote on that.
For upgrading appliances, I was given a voucher to make an appointment with their supplier.

For upgrading appliances, I was given a voucher to make an appointment with their supplier.

Great information, thanks Jin, just curious to know though - is it a good idea in your opinion to get the default appliances that they have ? or do you think getting a voucher is better ? does the supplier have better options for alternatives !? it would be nice to know as i am not sure about the quality of the appliances that is being provided as a default by Monarch in Ultra.

Great information, thanks Jin, just curious to know though - is it a good idea in your opinion to get the default appliances that they have ? or do you think getting a voucher is better ? does the supplier have better options for alternatives !? it would be nice to know as i am not sure about the quality of the appliances that is being provided as a default by Monarch in Ultra.

The voucher is just for the ability to make an appointment at their supplier's warehouse. You can take the voucher and not go, or go but not upgrade anything. The consultant will explain everything to you. I havent made an appointment yet, but I do plan to go to at least see my options. I know nothing about appliances.

Back