L Tower Condos (Cityzen, Castlepoint Realty, Fernbrook Homes) - Real Estate -

If this occurred at L Tower that would be a serious mistake. I work at the HVAC company that did L Tower along with many other GTA projects that has years of experience. Would be a huge surprise if true

I am beginning to think this is the case. I am in a corner unit in ltower so I do have alot of sun, but I would think the ac unit would be strong enough to keep the unit livable. I have my unit set at 70 ALL day .. and the coolest it has ever been is 76. Most of the times much warmer. Thermo-cool has been here at least 4 times already and still no change. The strange thing is that when I feel the air come out, it is cool .. so i believe it is working. It's just not strong enough. Am I incorrect in thinking the ac unit should be able to keep up with the environment. Does anyone have any thoughts or duggestions on this

I am beginning to think this is the case. I am in a corner unit in ltower so I do have alot of sun, but I would think the ac unit would be strong enough to keep the unit livable. I have my unit set at 70 ALL day .. and the coolest it has ever been is 76. Most of the times much warmer. Thermo-cool has been here at least 4 times already and still no change. The strange thing is that when I feel the air come out, it is cool .. so i believe it is working. It's just not strong enough. Am I incorrect in thinking the ac unit should be able to keep up with the environment. Does anyone have any thoughts or duggestions on this

from the rumours iv heard around the site and within the company, lots of issues surrounding plumbing but AC issues may just be specific to your suite or where its located, id be pretty confident they'll eventually fix it with work still going on at the site

from the rumours iv heard around the site and within the company, lots of issues surrounding plumbing but AC issues may just be specific to your suite or where its located, id be pretty confident they'll eventually fix it with work still going on at the site
Thanks for the feedback Michael. Much appreciated. I'll keep talking with building management.

How big is your unit? If it is a larger unit especially with a lot of glass and south and west facing, there should be a second fan coil unit to properly cool your space.
Also the location of the thermostat could be a factor too. Closing your window shades during the day would also help greatly in keeping your place cooler.

I have a north west corner unit and at certain times of the day it gets extremely hot and bright. The a/c helps bUT you still feel the heat. This is common with every full glass condo that gets a lot of sun. I don't mind it....as long as the air con is working.

First time posting here - I've been reading through this forum and just did the closing for my unit recently.

I noticed a few posts a while back on the closing fees - anyone have an update on this? I got caught with a nasty surprise on this too... extra ~$12k in closing fees due to "increase in development charges" and "Section 37 charges". The breakdown they gave re the Section 37 charges were not very detailed at all and the terms in the original purchase and sale agreement are very vague as well. I get that there's some vague clause in the agreement but how can the developer arbitrarily decide to allocate such hefty fees on closing? From how I understand it, these Section 37 charges are for high density housing which the developer has benefited from... the building's original "boot" design was converted to an extra 12 floors of units + was this building not supposed to be 50 floors originally (now 57)??

I can't seem to get to the facebook group that was created and linked earlier in this thread - hoping to connect with some fellow owners and hear about your experiences as well.

Those pesky closing costs... When it comes to closing costs, it appears that the developer can do whatever they want. Your sales agreement is filled with all kinds of legal talk that allows them to pass whatever costs they want to you. See my thread on closing costs and why I will never buy a pre con condo ever.

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/closing-costs-going-way-up-concern.20386/

It's been a while since I've been on..been trying to get my PDI deficiencies completed...lol
It will be 6 months soon and we are still on their case.
I've noticed at the beginning you could go and speak to them personally but now they are conveniently failing to remember your conversations.
Advise, try as best as possible to have an electronic trail in ALL your communication with customer service.
Does the alarm system work in the units?
Mine has a yellow information light on constantly, I don't even know what the user code is.
They told us it's not working yet something to do with electrical but this was while ago.

It's the 2015's... I don't think any new (recent) project includes hydro in Condo Maintenance fees... it's separately metered. when you had your closing with your lawyer, they should have set up your hydro account... give it some time.

really, i didn't realize it was 2015...dohhhh my bad.
It's almost 6 months since my closing, I just wanted to know if anyone has gotten a bill...6 months it's quite a long time to not have gotten a bill.
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a wonderful response, appreciate the time and effort you put into it.

it really depends how long it takes the goofs at Toronto Hydro to transfer the account to your name before you get your 1st bill, could be anywhere up to 1 year before you get your first bill, it will be a unpleasant "welcome to your new home" gift from them when you get a bill for $1000+ back billing to the first day you moved in

I've been here since the second week of occupancy. I've only been paying the powerstream bill but nothing from toronto hydro.
Also - with the deficiencies, it's quite a pain to get things done. When my 6 months was up they paid me a visit and said can I please extend more time. I made the mistake and agreed to it without getting Tarion involved. Anyway I don't have too many problems remain, except when they try to convince me a defect isn't a defect.

I'm having issues with my locker unit with the interior wall not done and water seeps through. There is also a huge crack on the p3 ceiling where sometimes I see water drip onto everyone's stuff. Told builder + management - builder insists it's the condo corp/management's responsibility for the common areas, management redirects back to the builder and to this date the issues are still there...

Has anyone actually filed delay compensation and got something? My 30 days is up and havent heart squat from the builder. Will be calling Tarion on Monday...

I am just wondering if anyone has any insight of the deficiencies of this building, e.g. hydro, AC, plumb, window washing, etc. Is it common for a brand new condo to have so many problems (crane not removed, flood, fire drill, power cut and so on)?

My unit is affected by the crane and the closing date is in a week. The developer promised to phone us about the PDI day, but she never got back to us. Is PDI necessary? Do we need to point out all the deficiencies of the unit on PDI or closing day? How do we contact tarion? Clueless first time condo buyer here.

Back