L Tower Condos (Cityzen, Castlepoint Realty, Fernbrook Homes) - Real Estate -

Contact the developer and Tarion. Make some noise and don't stop until it is fixed

I overhead a gentleman in the elevator say that the pool will be ready in about 2-3 weeks. Can anyone confirm this?

visited the L tower inside for the first time over the weekend, I was quite underwhelmed by the suite finishes for such a significant building in our City (on top of bad experiences with the builder posted by others here), was also surprised how unfinished the common areas of the building was (raw concrete lobby floors, unfinished drywall everywhere, boarded up elevators etc) considering it is nearly a year after first occupancy, really do feel bad for the residents here

visited the L tower inside for the first time over the weekend, I was quite underwhelmed by the suite finishes for such a significant building in our City (on top of bad experiences with the builder posted by others here), was also surprised how unfinished the common areas of the building was (raw concrete lobby floors, unfinished drywall everywhere, boarded up elevators etc) considering it is nearly a year after first occupancy, really do feel bad for the residents here

Agree with this and this would be my assessment of Ice as well, which like L tower has been a a great addition to our skyline, but is pretty much a dud otherwise.

Ice, on the other hand, used high quality materials for its exterior; not to mention its great attention to detail. The L Tower is a major letdown both inside and out. Why bother coming up with a distinctive design, only to clad it in cheap materials? What's the point? It would be like designing a '67 Mustang and building the body with the cheap looking plastic/fiberglass, etc. they use on modern vehicles.

Agree with this and this would be my assessment of Ice as well, which like L tower has been a a great addition to our skyline, but is pretty much a dud otherwise.

You can add River City to the list of buildings that just 'look' good from the outside but are crap, crap, crap on the inside.

Both LTower and Ice are pretty mediocre in terms of suite finishes. They are nice looking buildings, though...you can add River City to that list.

Also worth noting - the condo corp. in London on the Esplanade is suspecting that the HVAC system was not built to the engineers' specs and will need to be upgraded to spec by Cityzen, which was the developer for that project. Pretty serious screw-up on their part if true.

Wow that would be a huge screwup, I hope for their sakes that it is not true. If it is true, then perhaps it is a good thing that the crane is still there.

Also worth noting - the condo corp. in London on the Esplanade is suspecting that the HVAC system was not built to the engineers' specs and will need to be upgraded to spec by Cityzen, which was the developer for that project. Pretty serious screw-up on their part if true.

If this occurred at L Tower that would be a serious mistake. I work at the HVAC company that did L Tower along with many other GTA projects that has years of experience. Would be a huge surprise if true

Has anyone been updated on when the fire alarm will stop going off in the middle of the night? It seems that there is always a new problem with this building.

If this occurred at L Tower that would be a serious mistake. I work at the HVAC company that did L Tower along with many other GTA projects that has years of experience. Would be a huge surprise if true
Michael - thanks for your reply - great to find some one who has worked on the project. Can you tell more - how you found the project and how Cityzen is

Michael - thanks for your reply - great to find some one who has worked on the project. Can you tell more - how you found the project and how Cityzen is

Like all condo projects you have constant changes from the engineers but after speaking to some of the supers at the project they feel theres always a problem. The plumbing company and not the heating and cooling company that i work at, has been causing many of the problems that people within the thread been complaining about

Back