Toronto 2150 Lake Shore | 215.75m | 67s | First Capital | Allies and Morrison

Hariri P?
Yeah, international! (We don't know of course whether any of these will be finally designed by Allies and Morrison or whether they'll just be doing the site plans, but I hope they get to design actual buildings here!

ChristiesAerE1280.jpg
ChristiesAerS1280.jpg

Yeah, international! (We don't know of course whether any of these will be finally designed by Allies and Morrison or whether they'll just be doing the site plans, but I hope they get to design actual buildings here!

View attachment 210752View attachment 210753

Something in this pic strikes me as odd.

The short stuff all up against the highway.

I would have thought the logical height progression was from Lake Shore going up to the highway.

Both because it's easier to create a more intimate public realm that way, reduces shadow issues in the site interior, (who cares about shadowing the highway); but also market-wise, this would ensure the maximum number
of Lakeview suites.

Hmmm.

Perhaps others will have insight into the thought process here.

I like the thrust; but not crazy about the private roads vs public ones.

I'd prefer to see an E-W grid street in there somewhere.

I hope a good chunk of the residential is purpose-built rental.

ha, I want to see this connector from the Food Terminal, crossing over the rail tracks and then duck under Gardiner at the same time.. :) (last pic)

The stuff along the highway is the office space, so it's shorter. No demand for a 50 storey office building here.

And directly next to the train station.

Won't fly without a school and community centre. The logical place is at the east end where Lake Shore and the Gardiner narrows. Plop that residential on top of the office buildings.They could do something interesting with that long triangular plot.

Alternatively in phase 2 around the Mr.Christie Watertower/park could make for a City Place 2.0 scenario of shared uses.

I like the ambition for density, go for it. But the site plan needs some focus, I can't tell where the main focus area is, is it the Galleria, the station plaza, the disconnected Boulevard square? There needs to be a better definition of hierarchies.

I'm also curious to see how the sheltered retail area plans change once the success or failure of the Well happens. This retail form is new for Toronto and it's going to be interesting to see how well it competes and in what segment of the market.

Back