Toronto 2150 Lake Shore | 215.75m | 67s | First Capital | Allies and Morrison

It's mis-rendered, it's the existing ramp. it's pretty clear in the actual development plans.
I know it was, (noticed smiley face?) nevertheless it is not a silly idea to have a link to Queensway in this location..
just crossing under tracks, not over..

Wow that's some density:cool:

Yeah, international! (We don't know of course whether any of these will be finally designed by Allies and Morrison or whether they'll just be doing the site plans, but I hope they get to design actual buildings here!

Try and explain to some mid-size US city that this isn't even our downtown! :p

I know it was, (noticed smiley face?) nevertheless it is not a silly idea to have a link to Queensway in this location..
just crossing under tracks, not over..
Yeah, it never occurred to me until this comment chain.

Push the Gardiner off-ramp further back, and convert that road to a through-road towards Queensway. Would also unlock that Sobeys-Shoppers plaza for redevelopment.

But they are clearly going for a different concept for that off-ramp based on the Site Plan.

1571774905515.png

Strong NYC vibes here.

Imagine if we had an under-lake subway connecting Union to Humber Bay Shores, or at least a ferry service.

Ferry Service could be cool - IIRC Tory proposed it in his first election campaign and it quickly died.

Problem with GO service here is that it's supposed to be only 30 minute frequencies - I'm a little worried that's not going to cut auto trip rates in half like the Transportation report is expecting.

Imagine if we had an under-lake subway connecting Union to Humber Bay Shores, or at least a ferry service.

the thing that kind of sucks is ontario line would be great to go here... if the go train and proposed LRT didn't follow nearly identical paths

Problem with GO service here is that it's supposed to be only 30 minute frequencies - I'm a little worried that's not going to cut auto trip rates in half like the Transportation report is expecting.

GO is pretty good at setting frequencies to match ridership. It'll be 30 minute until they notice trains leaving Union are not nicely balanced.

the thing that kind of sucks is ontario line would be great to go here... if the go train and proposed LRT didn't follow nearly identical paths
I still think it would not be a bad idea for the trajectory of the Relief Line / Ontario Line in the west be through Humber Bay and The Queensway all the way to Sherway Gardens.

jeeeeez they're really serious

all the underground parking is connected so cars can exit on exteriors of the lot to prevent as much traffic hitting park lawn or lake shore

they really did their work on this.

I still think it would not be a bad idea for the trajectory of the Relief Line / Ontario Line in the west be through Humber Bay and The Queensway all the way to Sherway Gardens.

At this point extending ontario line through queensway and extending the subway both down to sherway makes a lot of sense... the thing that sucks is all the developments along queensway are making that OL extension less and less likely as time goes on

Last edited:
... and when you add an extension of Bloor west line to Sherway, it will create a nice new hub/gateway, linking Miss.& TO

At this point extending ontario line through queensway and extending the subway both down to sherway makes a lot of sense... the thing that sucks is all the developments along queensway are making that OL extension less and less likely as time goes on

Yup. I posted in the Transit Fantasy Maps thread some time ago with a concept alignment that hits both Humber Bay and Queensway.

Ferry Service could be cool - IIRC Tory proposed it in his first election campaign and it quickly died.

That's now.

From link.

Today, GO Transit’s Lakeshore West line provides two-way, all-day service seven days a week between Toronto and Aldershot*. It also provides weekday rush-hour service from Hamilton to Toronto in the morning and back in the afternoon.

Through its Regional Express Rail project – better known as GO expansion – Metrolinx is already starting to transform the existing GO rail system from a commuter service to a whole new rapid transit experience for your community. With 15-minute service or better all throughout the day between Toronto and Aldershot* and new hourly service to and from Hamilton seven days a week, you’ll have more options to get you where you need to go.

RER_LSW_Peak_EN-850x821.jpg
RER_LSW_Off-Peak_EN-850x821.jpg

Back