King West Life in Liberty Village (Plazacorp) - Real Estate -

to Pink Lucy.
I do not have a PDI date yet.

To shlammed.
I don't know for sure but I believe 26 or so apartments/floor.
I would think elevators may become the limiting factor. Assuming2-3 moves/day allowed, that would mean at least 9 days minimum to move in / floor assuming they allow Sunday moves so 1 and 1/2 weeks to 2 weeks/ floor to allow move ins.

We had 300+ units in about six weeks

It works itself out. People don't always move in on occupancy day. For example, we had painting and other work done before moving in

But yes, elevators play a factor. I had to wait weeks to get one delivery simply because the elevators were booked. They had allocated three slots per day

Ya makes sense

The times we were offered for elevator use were 9-12, 12-3, 3-6, 6-9 so I guess 4 a day.

Also, only reason I suggested 1 month for PDI was because we had our PDI about a month before our original closing date (May 1st). However, we asked the builder to move our closing date to the 30th of May instead to align with the sale of our existing house so they should now (hopefully) have more than enough time to fix everything before we move in.

It works itself out. People don't always move in on occupancy day. For example, we had painting and other work done before moving in

But yes, elevators play a factor. I had to wait weeks to get one delivery simply because the elevators were booked. They had allocated three slots per day

Pink Lucy,
I am guessing perhaps because there are so many investors in these new condos renting out units that it takes time to get the listing up and the place rented so there are a lot of units that do not move in. Otherwise, 50/week and usually there is only 1 service elevator for moving leaving the other 2 if there are 3 for passengers means a maximum of 28/week (4 slots x 7 days x 1 elevator for service use) can actually move in. Maybe they allow 2 of 3 during the initial move in period

What kind of delivery?

My state of mind is once I'm moved in as scheduled I'm using the damn elevator as I please lol.

I think we only had one elevator for moves. There are so many factors to consider,and rentals certainly play a part. And of course some people can't move during the week so they just have to wait, even though they have their keys. It's kind of like the airlines: they plan for no shows and cancellations and then they are screwed when everyone show up :)

I will say that the process of getting they keys on occupancy day was somewhat confusing, so don't count on 9 am

What kind of delivery?

My state of mind is once I'm moved in as scheduled I'm using the damn elevator as I please lol.
Appliances. I swapped mine out. For that kind of delivery, you have to book the elevator and in the early days, there 's a waiting list. Sometimes if you only have one item and don't need it for the whole 3 hour time slot, you can piggyback on someone else's reservation. You always have to prebook the service elevator, no matter how long you live in a building.

PinkLucy
Did you buy in KWL as well?
I believe you mentioned previously you bought at West Harbour of Plazacorp.
And if you did the above, are you planning on leaving KWL or are you going to sell KWL or rent it out.

I ask as you may have read a lot of interesting stuff about CRA investigating condo flips/assignments etc. going forward.
I suspect there are going to be a lot of nervous people who either did not declare or took capital gain when in fact CRA if they find out will say it is income. they are adding 50% penalties to the taxes owed. Ouch!!
Fortunately, I am not in that group.

No, I didn't buy in KWL. Just commenting because it's the same developer and their processes don't seem to have changed much. We bought to live, not as an income property. No flipping for us :)

Overall, apart from the key confusion on day 1, occupancy/possession/registration all went smoothly. No surprises in the final adjustments. Transition to the condo corp went well. With some of the horror stories I hear about some developers, I think we were well served by Plazacorp

^^^
That was my experience when I bought at 140 Simcoe. Overall very pleased. Bought 1 to rent out and 1 for personal family use.
Bought 1 at KWL for another family member though may end up renting it out...
given that one is making decisions 5 years in advance it becomes a bit tough to plan for certain.

I think we only had one elevator for moves. There are so many factors to consider,and rentals certainly play a part. And of course some people can't move during the week so they just have to wait, even though they have their keys. It's kind of like the airlines: they plan for no shows and cancellations and then they are screwed when everyone show up :)

I will say that the process of getting they keys on occupancy day was somewhat confusing, so don't count on 9 am

Yeah I chose the 3pm slot for that reason. Also closing on a Thursday just incase we need something fixed on a business day (Friday).

Getting close to occupancy.

Got an email from my lawyer. Occupancy fee ended up being less than I thought it would be.

Also, not sure why this didn't register in my brain (first *real* condo purchase) but I totally was thinking that I was paying all my closing costs at occupancy for some reason (instead of at final closing).

Back