King East Condos (Lamb Development, Hyde Park, Sher Corp ) - Real Estate -

Wow, just wow. I really cannot fathom how you all must feel. I don't own here but have been following this thread with interest. I feel really bad for you all, the uncertainly must be driving you all nuts, and I'm sure more than a few of you will get into a sticky situation with not being able to extend your current living arrangements while you wait.

Good luck to all, please continue to keep us posted.

Just got an email from the builder. Now they are saying floors 1 to 8 will occupy this Friday. Why do they keep playing these games? I highly doubt this will happen if the building is still "uninhabitable" as of this week! This whole situation is beyond ridiculous. Who in their right mind will ever buy anything from Brad Lamb again???

occupancy and per sq ft costs

Can that be remedied once corporation has been setup?

i prefer to try to sign legal docs that are accurate up front so i do not have to return to the issue.because of lambs pathetic communication capabilities trying to get an answer from them through me or mylv ;awyer has proven futile.so when the docs do arrive then we must ask the per sq ft question and get it remedied before signing.the one answer i did get from lambs people was it allowed to rise .stat!!! such bs leads me to doubt the competency of lambs people on this project especially the project manager.in lambs office.i will say again that i will not close personally till i get in my unit again to confirm habitation cleanliness and operating systems like water ac heat which are but a small part of my overall pdi bucket list and of course when you move in you get 30 days to register with tarion an extended bucket list as well .

Just got an email from the builder. Now they are saying floors 1 to 8 will occupy this Friday. Why do they keep playing these games? I highly doubt this will happen if the building is still "uninhabitable" as of this week! This whole situation is beyond ridiculous. Who in their right mind will ever buy anything from Brad Lamb again???

Why didn't he go with Harhay? He used to use them before in his other projects. It's funny that once he got with 59 Management, all these problems start to pop up. Not sure if it's because Harhay might have had too many things on the go or $$$ but he's going to pay for it through $$ and reputation. He smartly went with Harhay for Theater Park. Unfortunately, 59's doing a lot of his future projects.

Pretty sure there will be another delay tomorrow when they don't get the permit. I'm not even mad anymore.

Yes, no use in getting upset as this has turned out to be a circus. The person who sent the letter is still lying--just another way to "try" and avoid angry purchasers from calling in. I was told 9th floor won't be ready in a few weeks, so we shall see...still waiting for my 1st PDI--they couldn't tell me when it will be possible to reschedule one. I sent the builder an e-mail suggesting they hold off booking fake PDI appointments until they have a better sense of unit status:p

Yes, no use in getting upset as this has turned out to be a circus. The person who sent the letter is still lying--just another way to "try" and avoid angry purchasers from calling in. I was told 9th floor won't be ready in a few weeks, so we shall see...still waiting for my 1st PDI--they couldn't tell me when it will be possible to reschedule one. I sent the builder an e-mail suggesting they hold off booking fake PDI appointments until they have a better sense of unit status:p

I have a move-in date scheduled for tomorrow. In the email it said that they would accomodate those who have booked move-in dates. Just for shits and giggles....I asked if they could accommodate me. Basically, move my stuff in and I guess walk the streets overnight since in theory I'd have no place to live. No response. Luckily, I have the luxury of staying in my current place....but not for much longer.

I'm going to move in next week some time. Their dates are bullshit, so I'll just wait till I physically have the keys before I think of moving in. Pretty shady to have people close...then tell them they can't get the keys and cash their cheques. No leverage.

Shady for sure...I love the part where they state they will deduct what is owed to you for these lost days upon closing...makes sense perhaps for those who have submitted their cheques already, but I sure as hell am not giving them a whole month's worth of occupancy without a PDI scheduled and a bs November 5 occupancy date, plus being told there is no way 9th floor will be ready by next week. The e-mail sent today was funny...the inspector came in and they couldn't get him to come back...of course, because he's probably scared to finish his inspection--ha!ha!

Shady for sure...I love the part where they state they will deduct what is owed to you for these lost days upon closing...makes sense perhaps for those who have submitted their cheques already, but I sure as hell am not giving them a whole month's worth of occupancy without a PDI scheduled and a bs November 5 occupancy date, plus being told there is no way 9th floor will be ready by next week. The e-mail sent today was funny...the inspector came in and they couldn't get him to come back...of course, because he's probably scared to finish his inspection--ha!ha!

As someone who has been in the building several times....I highly doubt your unit is anywhere near ready.

Oh...here's another "ready" unit for sale

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stirlinghomestudio/sets/72157631898435748/

I asked if they could accommodate me. Basically, move my stuff in and I guess walk the streets overnight since in theory I'd have no place to live.
You may want to check with your insurer, since I'm not sure your contents would be covered in the event there was a fire, flood, theft, etc.

you need insurance as of occupancy.

You may want to check with your insurer, since I'm not sure your contents would be covered in the event there was a fire, flood, theft, etc.

however it will not cover your stuff in an unoccupied unit plus till you get your keys justabout anyone can get to your stuff for damage to steal to move and it may get really dirty too.put it in storage give the invoice to your lawyer and charge him..

nobody i hope....

Well I had not planned on moving my stuff in. I just wanted to see what they'd say.

Those of you who booked elevators, expect a call. We won't be allowed to book the elevator until we receive our keys. Which makes sense because that's how it has always been done with any other condo I purchased. Seems like all the 3rd parties working with Lamb are upset. LOL.

Well I had not planned on moving my stuff in. I just wanted to see what they'd say.

Those of you who booked elevators, expect a call. We won't be allowed to book the elevator until we receive our keys. Which makes sense because that's how it has always been done with any other condo I purchased. Seems like all the 3rd parties working with Lamb are upset. LOL.

Was anyone able to get in touch with their lawyers? Mine is telling me it's dead silence on their end.

Back