King East Condos (Lamb Development, Hyde Park, Sher Corp ) - Real Estate -

communication is the root of all the problems from lamb....i personally find it unprofessional at best.....second problem is fear he is in tarion penalty phase and he is handling it badly especially the way he blames the construction management team he hired!....its too late to close today now .....................ii hope your pdi/nov 2 close goes smoother

My lawyer has been trying to contact them all morning as well, but sent them the package anyway to avoid any issues from them. The thing about Lamb is that they are horrible at communicating with you, however, when they need something from you they will threaten you the worst way possible. I'm so fed up with this builder!

communication is the root of all the problems from lamb....i personally find it unprofessional at best.....second problem is fear he is in tarion penalty phase and he is handling it badly especially the way he blames the construction management team he hired!....its too late to close today now .....................ii hope your pdi/nov 2 close goes smoother

Best part for me was calling in and being told 14th floor was not being delayed while I read on here that 13th was pushed back to 16th of November...

You know. This could have all been avoided if they weren't so bloody cheap. Move the stupid occupancy back a week, 2 weeks and go from there. This 11th hour stuff is amateur at best. I have gone through occupancy with other builders and it's such a smooth process. Hell, one time I got my builder to even move up my occupancy date by a week...they told me they'll call me if they get the permit. They called me...got the permit, my lawyer contacted them, got the keys within a couple of hours. Keep in mind this process got started well into the afternoon. You have all these buildings going up...spend the money and get a proper in house customer service team. Everyone you talk to is 3rd party...no wonder they don't have any information.

I showed up for my first PDI last Monday and when I got there, they cancelled without notifying me, and delayed my occupancy by another week on the same day. I am suppose to take occupancy on November 2 - 9th floor--does anyone know if this is even possible with all of these horrible stories posted on here? My PDI is tomorrow evening, that's if someone shows up!!

occupancy

I showed up for my first PDI last Monday and when I got there, they cancelled without notifying me, and delayed my occupancy by another week on the same day. I am suppose to take occupancy on November 2 - 9th floor--does anyone know if this is even possible with all of these horrible stories posted on here? My PDI is tomorrow evening, that's if someone shows up!!

no way!

No closing today, still no occupancy permit from the city. My lawyer says the builder's behavior is completely bizarre and goes against all the rules. Apparently, their lawyer isn't happy with them either since they are not communicating with their own lawyers.

So not having any legal background can CityLights seek penalties for last second cancellation of PDI? Their lawyers are not communicating with anyone else either.

occupancy

So not having any legal background can CityLights seek penalties for last second cancellation of PDI? Their lawyers are not communicating with anyone else either.

i left building just before 4 pm no city inspector had showed up so the building is definitely not legally fit for occupancy.met a guy from security company who is going to provide 24/7 securilty till its done.many people outside getting pdi's or ready willing wanting their keys so they can move in.many were on their pdi......at least one van their full of furniture waiting for keys to move in....construction workers everywhere all look tired and slightly pissed.....my situation i did not would not close today cause there was no occupancy permit from city and no one would let me in my unit so i could tell if i had heat/ac which i did not have on sunday afternoon......sent a letter through lawyer to lambs lawyer stating above proposed closing later this week.i feel sorry for those moving in today if in fact they can.its quite unprecedented in all my experiences of a similiar nature from a legal ,timing,communication ,customer service point of view.i expect lots of communication if they do in fact get an occupancy permit from city tomorrow although the building is a shit hole from cleanliness point of view and safety point of view and security hahaha no garage doors anybody can wander in at night.......plus where the fuck is my parking spot nobody at lamb will tell me nor my storage unit and! there is still a discrepancy on the .45 cents per sq ft common fees in 2009 agreement vr the .61 cents per sq ft on my occupancy docs.we have asked about this no answer! what a surprise...........looks to be a very entertaining week with me and lamb and lawyers

occupancy

its official no building inspector today no permit no occupancy for all

Well, I went by today and although I didn't get my keys, I was able to see my unit again. It looks a lot better. There was also someone moving in but I figure they were stuck since they expected their keys today and were allowed to just move their stuff in.

59 management is bloody awful. Lamb should probably switch companies before he goes through the same thing with his other more prominent buildings.

Back