News   May 29, 2024
 44     0 
News   May 28, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   May 28, 2024
 1.8K     0 

John Tory: Four Time Loser

Plus he writes the odd good book now and then. "Virtual War" was quite touching in that it read as truthful.

It's quite apparent to me that Iggy is playing quite well among the Canadian media and cultural elite (look at the fawning coverage he's getting). In contrast the Harperites treat this group with total contempt.

I second. I am tiring of the Harperites anti-elitist line. And it's more ironic that its coming from a guy who was an ivory tower economist for the better part of his life. If they use that line against Iggy instead of talking about issues, Iggy will get my vote by default. I want smart guys running my country, not guys who don't like books.

I second. I am tiring of the Harperites anti-elitist line. And it's more ironic that its coming from a guy who was an ivory tower economist for the better part of his life. If they use that line against Iggy instead of talking about issues, Iggy will get my vote by default. I want smart guys running my country, not guys who don't like books.

Harper is only a relatively recent convert to populism (it works), but he was never really much of an economist. He has a graduate degree in economics, but his thesis was on political economy and he has spent his whole professional life in lobbying and politics.

Harper goes from "let them buy stocks", to "lower taxes and end to Liberal spending and waste!!!" all the time.

Or rather, guys pandering to guys who don't like books.

Woo-hoo!

The Globe and Mail is reporting that Peter Van Loan is considering running for the Ontario Tories. I'm sure Van Loon will be able to get a seat, but the Liberals could wipe the floor with this idiot. This is the guy who called McGuinty "the small man of Confederation" for demanding equity in the additional seat allocations that would have shortchanged Ontario in favour of Alberta and BC.

GO Peter GO!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090312.wtory12/BNStory/politics/Ontario/

Last edited:
Woo-hoo!

The Globe and Mail is reporting that Peter Van Loan is considering running for the Ontario Tories. I'm sure Van Loon will be able to get a seat, but the Liberals could wipe the floor with this idiot. This is the guy who called McGuinty "the small man of Confederation" for demanding equity in the additional seat allocations that would have shortchanged Ontario in favour of Alberta and BC.

GO Peter GO!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090312.wtory12/BNStory/politics/Ontario/

PVL is probably the most vile man in parliament. This is hilarious.

He's going to make me campaign for the Liberals, and I'm no McGuinty-lover.

If I were Dalton I would play the Chretien game and encourage the other party to elect idiots as their leaders.

Another Mike Harris neo-con. Not what Ontario is looking for, even though the party thinks so.

I think Van Loan's Achille's heel is more of a Mulroneyite puffed-up hubris than anything particularly Harris or neo-con per se.

Indeed, the closest thing to an anointed frontrunner out there--Tim Hudak--is squarely in the Harris camp to the point of being married to Deb Hutton. Though he does have a bit of a "new wave" and perhaps closet-pragmatist way of doing things relative to the rest of the party, so I can see how the PCs might look at him for a credible fresh-start approach. (Maybe the provincial leader most comparable to Hudak is Brad Wall in Saskatchewan.)

Tim Hudak would get a ton of support populist support from the many grumpy. angry people across rural/suburban Ontario.

However can he crack the 905 though...

Well, he ain't Randy Hillier, that's for sure. And far from the "grumpy, angry" stereotype, I'd vote him the Tory MPP Most Likely To Twitter, if you get my drift...

the thing I do not mind a Politician who speaks his mind, but I dislike ones who justs rant and rave...

Randy Hillier for leadership of the PC's!

Illegal deer hunting in Queen's Park!!

Back