News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 638     0 

John Street Revitalization

I was specifically answering @Yegger 's post which mused about going 100% pedestrian on John Street.

The point being you can't have a 100% pedestrian block and access to/from a parking lot.
I get that. You'll get more if you nuked Hooters in the process is what I am saying. 😼

While this topic is bumped has there been anymore word of how things are going (read: how delayed things are here)?

The city's website is not updated and the last document posted is from May 2018.

In this post, I noted that during this year's budget discussions, the project was deferred to next year (and beyond).

So work, as of now, on the streetscape is to start next year.............

Then again, that was true last year.............

Insert :rolleyes: here

The project has been bumped to the 2023 capital budget, zero for this year.

Though if it's any consolation, the City now proposes to fund the entire thing in one shot.
I think they’re trying to line it up so just as the revitalization is about complete the new condo at John and Richmond can start and tear up a finished section and pave it over with asphalt.

It’d be bizarre if they decided plan ahead and mitigated that

January 6, 2023.

John Street as it has not been in a long while - no current construction activities underway between Front and Queen Streets. Hopefully, all the prerequisite underground utility works for the John Street Revitalization project have now been completed, and the real work on the actual 'Revitalization' activities can begin.

First photo is from King Street, looking south towards Front Street, while the second one is looking north towards Queen Street.

20230106_104724.jpg
20230106_104640.jpg

January 6, 2023.

John Street as it has not been in a long while - no current construction activities underway between Front and Queen Streets. Hopefully, all the prerequisite underground utility works for the John Street Revitalization project have now been completed, and the real work on the actual 'Revitalization' activities can begin.

First photo is from King Street, looking south towards Front Street, while the second one is looking north towards Queen Street.

View attachment 448857View attachment 448859

14 years now since this thread was started 🤣

😩

Sigh..................... you all made me look..............as of last year, the revitalization had been bumped to this year. It currently shows as 2026-2029 in the City's capital plans * (this is not the public facing budget and may be subject to change......but that's discouraging just the same)

Last edited:

Back