dc4d1597-26d1-4ae0-8886-97e0d5eaed6a_zpsdd4bf61a.jpg

2722bc1c-8a00-4722-91fa-b4650b109b02_zps95c781a1.jpg

08cc6d13-22f6-40c3-80bb-1613debedcaf_zpsea997d76.jpg

6bf00919-bfbb-4f25-aebc-4a57394114e4_zps5a896423.jpg

ed49d5e3-218c-4427-ac1e-8fb53395565a_zps8eb43042.jpg

932deecc-c0e6-4fa2-be6f-3c001317600e_zpsf694f8c4.jpg

Last edited:
Again, amazing stuff.

Are these photos generally taken when the drone is the highest it can be?

Do you usually go straight up and down again like you did in the video? Could you, say, fly it north on Yonge street capturing the street from above?

Any restrictions flying it near condos? Could you fly it at King & Bay for example?

You can go here to get all the information you need on drone I use (P2) http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2.

The highest I've gone so far is 260M but this one, with the configuration I have, can go up to 300M but with a range extender and base station it can go as high/far as 2KM. With the exception of the Casa Loma picture, I just go straight up and down but that's doesn't mean I can't do what you ask, in time though. At the moment, I prefer to fly in open areas (parks and large parking lots). I wouldn't fly at Bay and King only because it's too busy. I'm not aware of any condo restrictions but I prefer to keep my distance and away from people. I wouldn't fly the unit and have it hover outside someone's window, there are privacy laws. However, there are restrictions around airports. I'm sure the CDN government will eventually update the regulations about commercial and recreational drones as they are a bit out-dated. This unit is quite stable and what I like about it is that it has built-in GPS. If the quad-copter loses contact with the RC unit, it goes into home/land mode and returns to where it took-off. Fun stuff...

Last edited:
The highest I've gone so far is 260M but this one, with the configuration I have, can go up to 300M but with a range extender and base station it can go as high/far as 2KM. With the exception of the Casa Loma picture, I just go straight up and down but that's doesn't mean I can't do what you ask, in time though. At the moment, I prefer to fly in open areas (parks and large parking lots). I wouldn't fly at Bay and King only because it's too busy. I'm not aware of any condo restrictions but I prefer to keep my distance and away from people. I wouldn't fly the unit and have it hover outside someone's window, there are privacy laws. However, there are restrictions around airports. I'm sure the CDN government will eventually update the regulations about commercial and recreational drones as they are a bit out-dated. This unit is quite stable and what I like about it is that it has built-in GPS. If the quad-copter loses contact with the RC unit, it goes into home/land mode and returns to where it took-off. Fun stuff...

That is really cool! Out of curiosity do you plan on getting a range extender? Although I'm not sure what you can see at 2km altitude other than maybe clouds...

That is really cool! Out of curiosity do you plan on getting a range extender? Although I'm not sure what you can see at 2km altitude other than maybe clouds...

I'm thinking about it. It would be used more for distance as opposed to height i.e. programming a flight plan to circle an area.

I can't wait until Google Maps implements a drone-view that looks this good! Looks like you're well on your way to covering the GTA, at least. Great stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back