News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 406     0 

Jasonzed's myDrone Activity of Toronto and Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
P1080517.JPG

Just a bit of curiosity on my part. Some of the drone shots have the line of horizon tilted. This used to be more pronounced with the drone that met its demise by getting too friendly with a bird. The horizon is tilted down to the left or to the right, sometimes both ways in separate shots from the same flight session. Is this because you are taking the shot as the drone is actively maneuvering (rotating left/right)? Fighting a wind gust maybe? Why the difference between the previous drone and this one? Do you ever manually correct the line of horizon in postproduction?

Last edited:
Just a bit of curiosity on my part. Some of the drone shots have the line of horizon tilted. This used to be more pronounced with the drone that met its demise by getting too friendly with a bird. The horizon is tilted down to the left or to the right, sometimes both ways in separate shots from the same flight session. Is this because you are taking the shot as the drone is actively maneuvering (rotating left/right)? Fighting a wind gust maybe? Why the difference between the previous drone and this one? Do you ever manually correct the line of horizon in postproduction?

More often than not it's related to the DJI GO software. When the image is lost and then re-established the camera does not fully regain its "alignment". Sometimes I bring it down and reboot the drone or I just take a picture and just leave it and that. I don't do much post-production, I'm not that sophisticated :)

More often than not it's related to the DJI GO software. When the image is lost and then re-established the camera does not fully regain its "alignment". Sometimes I bring it down and reboot the drone or I just take a picture and just leave it and that. I don't do much post-production, I'm not that sophisticated :)
You can also adjust the gimbal tilt in flight to manually straighten the horizon.

I ask the following not knowing a lot about Canadian Air Regulations and even less on how they apply to UAVs, but can a UAV be operated this close to the Island Airport?

Depends on if a Special Flight Operations Certificate is granted because the area is part of controlled airspace (Class C from surface to 2500 ft). Without an SFOC, it is a no go area. You'd actually need to be close to the RC Harris Filtration plant to clear the Billy Bishop controlled airspace area. There are other rules at play aside from air space classification that dictates where one can legally fly (eg built up area)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back