News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.1K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 647     0 

Japanese items/decor/etc

sungs

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi, pardon my lack of ability to describe specifically what I'm looking for, but are there stores in Toronto that have various Japanese items? I've heard of a shop called Cubeshops...

http://www.blogto.com/design/cubeshops

...and I am looking for more places like this. Doesn't necessarily have to be Japanese or design related either...I just want to explore.

Thanks for any tips!

I think there's a small place called Things Japanese on Harbord (just west of Spadina).

Check out One's Better Living if you're ever in Vaughan Mills. it's a mix of Japanese stationery, nicknacks, pottery, accessories, cheap kitchen/bathroom/bedroom goods, organizers, etc.

Appreciate the suggestions all!

Basshats, does that store still exist?! Funny enough that's what I had in mind when I made this post but I haven't been to Vaughan Mills in like 3 years?

It does though it moved to a smaller space a few units to the west (i.e. in the direction of Bass Pro) a couple of years ago.

JTown used to have a very good 100 yen style shop (the equivalent of our dollar stores but a little pricier) but it closed down last year. There are a few nick nacks in the small clothing shop near the east end of the strip but nothing worth making the trip unless you are also heading there to shop in the grocery section or bakery. (The fish shop isn't as good since Taro moved to his own location in North York.) If you read Japanese there is a decent book/magazine/manga shop across from the food section.

Check out One's Better Living if you're ever in Vaughan Mills. it's a mix of Japanese stationery, nicknacks, pottery, accessories, cheap kitchen/bathroom/bedroom goods, organizers, etc.
There's also one in T&T in the Promenade.

The Market Village one next to Pacific Mall closed with the rest of the Market Village mall.

If you are interested in Japanese toys, there's Sarah & Tom (two locations: one on Yonge between Charles and Wellesley and another on Bloor between Christie and Bathurst) and there's Anime Xpress (on Spadina just north of Dundas). Oh, and there's plenty of Japanese toy stores (and Japanese decor stores) in Pacific Mall itself.

Last edited:
Regarding the original topic of this thread (although I understand the discussion has long been disconnected), there's also Sanko Trading Co. at 730 Queen St W which has been around since 1968.

Back