News   Jul 22, 2024
 588     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 628     0 

Is parking for a condo essential?

Is a parking spot essential for a condo?

• yes

Votes: 33 56.9%
  • no

Votes: 25 43.1%

• Total voters
to park or not to park?

Yes, you are right. I used to live at 15 Fort York Blvd and a parking spot in this buildind costs $25-28k. these buildings have a lot of parkings spots that are not being used and you can easily get now one for $100 a month, that is $1.200 a year. the mortgage payment for $25k is about $150 a month, plus $35-40 for maintennace, it is almost $200 monthly

yes.

most small units in town don't have parking and the owners don't own a car + the incremental expense is not covered by rents - not really required unless you're looking at a larger unit.

what i'd love to see is charging stations for electric scooters - right now it's impossible to charge your electric scooter at your condo's parking, and carrying that 40lbs battery upstairs is not fun...

trying to get your condo board to install charging stations and calculate who and how to bill for the power is a task for someone with a lot of patience (not me). any ideas?

trying to get your condo board to install charging stations and calculate who and how to bill for the power is a task for someone with a lot of patience (not me). any ideas?

Personally, I would love this. If this was an option I would go out and buy an electric vehicle immediately. I would probably get the new Piaggio MP3 is a hybrid and charges like the Chevy Volt.

I hate to be pessimistic, but I highly doubt this will ever become a reality in condominiums. The number one reason is cost. Unit owners who do not fuel/charge their vehicles with a traditional outlet will not want to subsidize others.

The only way to make this work would be to install metered outlets at each parking spot. Additionally, there would need to be some type of security to prevent others from leeching. Once again, we are back at the cost argument.

For condo owners, the only reality is hoping your vehicle's battery packs are removable and light and to be charged from within the condo unit. That basically rules out all vehicles aside from E-Bikes.

Back