News   Apr 25, 2024
 385     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Honour System/Proof of Payment

Speaking of POP....first time ever having my fare checked today on the streetcar. 509 going to Exhibition.

It's actually a thing...I thought it was just fairy tales.

Speaking of POP....first time ever having my fare checked today on the streetcar. 509 going to Exhibition.

It's actually a thing...I thought it was just fairy tales.
Nope.............seen them on various lines from time to time and . We saw 3 waiting at a southbound Spadina stop..........Watch one person out of a group of 6 to tap on only once on the 510 going northbound we were on. Watch a number of riders get on without taping and no POP at Spadina Station.

I would have the fare inspectors scan the PRESTO cards and let them go. If they have proof-of-payment, it would show as a zero transaction. If they didn't pay before or on entering, they'll be charged the fine. Then they can discuss the "problem" with customer service, IF they call.

If they don't have PRESTO or proof-of-payment, then they can be discuss it.

Today on the 510 Spadina, I saw a fare inspector inside the Flexity. He scanned my Presto card and he told me that I'm good, since I tapped my card.

Next to me, there was a young woman with her father who told the fare inspector that she normally paid using cash and was unable to find a place to deposit the cash inside the Flexity to get a transfer. She ended up getting a ticket mailed to her apartment unit (which contained a fine for fare evasion). The father is good (he had a transfer printout).

Last edited:
Fare inspector catches suspect..
aY7OWbv_700bwp.webp

From link.

Back