News   Apr 26, 2024
 522     1 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 210     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 689     0 

High Park Lofts on Roncesvalles (Stinson, 7s, Stanford Downey)

Re: roncesvalles lofts

Isn't that like switching from McDonalds to Burger King?

I eat KFC maybe once a year. The chicken is just oozing with oil.

I guess around there, the modern-day KFC equivalent is Vicki's F&C/Sue's Thai...

Re: high park lofts

I dunno I'm not really finding it very thrilling...

why is no one dissin' Harry?
Becuase he doesn't seem to be mucking it up? It's a decent infill project and will likely be a great addition to the neighbourhood. It's his antics and unprofessionalism that we diss... I don't believe that anyone has anything personal against him.

I'd like to see more stuff like this go up around the city.

The massing is good for that location, prominent but not overwhelming. I used to live nearby and red brick would have looked better in that area, but overall this one is works quite well contextually. I like the clock as well.

I also like the clock. It makes the building even more appealing.

I'd like to see more stuff like this go up around the city.

There's all sorts of projects like this going on around town. We just never talk about them.

If I can shake this hang-over I'll go out today and get some shots including some fillers like this.

I forgot to mention, one thing I do like about it is the clock at the top.

I walked by the other day with my friend who lives in the area, and we both also liked the clock. Funny, because I figured everyone here would be slamming it as ersatz historicalism, etc.

In general, I think this fits into the area very well. Some of the retail units look a bit small though, and it looks like there may be some ground-level units that face right onto Roncy (might be a lobby -- we couldn't tell). If these are units, thick blinds would be a must.

I'll also echo the comments about the value of having many such projects sprout across the city. These sorts of developments add density without towering over the three-story buildings that surround them.

Surprisingly nice. The colour, as has been noted, is quite unfortunate. It didn't have to be brick, but a fuller, redder precast may have helped. Still, overall, I would say this is a success.

These projects aren't just attractive because of the density, but also because of the options they provide to people. Not everyone wants to live in a 50 storey high-rise.

Back