News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 634     0 

High angle future with 1 Bloor

3Dementia

Member Bio
Reaction score
Here's a 1 Bloor scribble in my (out of date) high angle render.

Scroll>>>>

highangle1bloor.jpg

Aurora is too tall no? it's quite a bit further back then FCP - is it much higher ground?

Aurora is too tall no? it's quite a bit further back then FCP - is it much higher ground?

Aura is on higher ground. I don't know what the grades are from the lake northward but try cycling up from say, Queens Quay to Bloor St., you'll sure feel it.

What a skyline! The best is yet to come! Yet you still get idiots that say i would take three 25 story buildings over one 75 story building lol Or Toronto doesn't need anymore tall buildings the skyline is fine the way it is now.

Looking back on this rendering, many of these are already finished or are well underway. It is quite amazing to see.

Here's a 1 Bloor scribble in my (out of date) high angle render.

Scroll>>>>

highangle1bloor.jpg

3D: Excellent rendering of Toronto along with the clear air view looking northeast - I used a large Apple Computer screen at one of my local Apple Stores to get the full effect...LI MIKE

I don't think I want a Cityplace building to replace an icon like FCP as our tallest building. It also would look really unbalanced unless a perfectly integrated design. Off the top of my head, wouldn't that make it twice as tall as the tallest building in that area? 250m is still a reeeaaallly tall building and would probably fit the area better while still managing to really anchor it.

I have to say that this render is probably my favorite single thing on this site. And I would bet I am not alone on that. It's such a great angle to capture all that is going on in Toronto. I've looked at it many times and only now noticed that Ripley's Aquarium is included. From this distance and angle I think it looks great. While very excited about the prospect of a World-competing aquarium in this city, I'm apprehensive about what it might become.

It's the taller of the Cumberland Terrace towers... there should have been a "notch" in the building revealing a bit of the Manulife roof (west side) since it's north of Manu.

ahh.. okay, i thought it might be that, i was just confused that it was in front of manulife,
great work BTW! :D

Back