News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 964     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 365     0 

Head of Slips (Waterfront Toronto, West 8/DTAH)

Some of the glue lams are now in place.

IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_2963.jpg

Wow, they're smokin'! We just may have two more slips ready to enjoy this summer.

Keep in mind that there will be at least one more of these decks east of Yonge at Parliament slip in the future (maybe another at Jarvis slip as well). That's not to mention 5 more bridges built in wood - with Spadina to come first.

AoD

Shes a moving and will be open by the summer.

Since Rees more simple, it will take less time to do then this one.

People who have not visit the Waterfront for some time are going to be in for a surpise.

Come 2012 just in time for the Tall Ships visit, Queens Quay will be overhaul to add to the the Woooaaa!!!! loooook.

3 bridges should also be in place by then as well more boardwalk.

That is one bad a$$ piece of work, and it's barely more than some steel and a few pieces of wood. I can't wait till they are all completed.

Sweet! They are supposed to be complete for the summer according to what I've read on in the latest newsletter from Waterfront Toronto.

Also the wood is only meant to last for 40 years. Soooo I guess these things will be expensive to maintain?

Yeah, that really is unfortunate. The Spadina slip looked so awesome when the wood wasn't grey! :(

Have you been there recently? It's not "grey" by any means. In fact I believe it's remained the natural colour it was when it was opened quite well actually.

They stain the wood so it is not intended to look as the natural wood you see in the pictures above. The wood it self should not colour over time and there is no evidence it has yet.

^ Actually, I live across the street from Spadina Slip and it did grey. It was noticeable in the late summer when the sun had started to wash it out and we went a while with no rain. I believe there are a few pictures in this thread that demonstrate the difference. Nothing wrong with it, it just made it look less cottage-like.

Back