News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 925     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 358     0 

Head of Slips (Waterfront Toronto, West 8/DTAH)

^^Good so now they can move all of 100 feet from the police station into a frozen lake- smart.

Wave decks are so, like, cool dude.

I like the speed at which the construction seems to be moving!
Hopefully they learned a lot from Spadina and we'll see these done before Labour Day. :)

Looking back to posts in this thread from March & April of 2008, Rees/Portland & Simcoe slips seem to be about a month ahead of where the Spadina slip was at this time last year.
Hopefully these can be complete & open by mid to late summer.

Hopefully they won't sit around for weeks waiting for Politicians to find room in their calendars for a photo op like Spadina.

Looking back to posts in this thread from March & April of 2008, Rees/Portland & Simcoe slips seem to be about a month ahead of where the Spadina slip was at this time last year.
Hopefully these can be complete & open by mid to late summer.

Part of the problem last year with Spadina was getting Environment Canada clearances but the new ones apparently went fast as they were 'more of the same' and the contractors are also more experienced. I'm betting at least one of the new wave docks will open by July 1.

I was finally able to enjoy the Spadina WaveDeck yesterday and liked it very much as did the dozens of other users that were there. My only complaint is that Queens Quay is very noisy at that spot. I imagine that the lines of trees coming in the future (fingers crossed) will solve much of the noise problem.

My only complaint is that Queens Quay is very noisy at that spot. I imagine that the lines of trees coming in the future (fingers crossed) will solve much of the noise problem.

I dont think a bunch of trees are going to calm much noise of tractor-trailers zooming up and down the Gardiner Expy, and jet-prop aircraft landing at City Centre airport.

^^Good so now they can move all of 100 feet from the police station into a frozen lake- smart.

No, agitators are for stationary boats that aren't lifted out of the water into storage in the winter time. This is a far cheaper alternative. Lake Ontario also rarely freezes completely over. It's in the interest of the police to have boats on the water all year round if possible and to make the lake accessible from their station.

Why is this a problem? Would you prefer that we had less police presence and security in the Inner Harbour and spend 10 times more money storing police boats on shore? There's no pleasing some people I suppose.

Last edited:
Noticed they have added some more steel to the Simcoe wavedeck along the edge to show the final shape and I must say it looks amazing. The dips along the west side are quite striking and should be a great place to play.

Noticed they have added some more steel to the Simcoe wavedeck along the edge to show the final shape and I must say it looks amazing. The dips along the west side are quite striking and should be a great place to play.

saw those tonight too. it's definitely going to turn out just like the rendering.

it was nice to meet you btw.

March 28

Waiting for steel
IMG_March_28_09-0155.jpg

Rollercoaster ride
IMG_March_28_09-0166.jpg

IMG_March_28_09-0167.jpg

IMG_March_28_09-0168.jpg

IMG_March_28_09-0162.jpg

IMG_March_28_09-0173.jpg

IMG_March_28_09-0175.jpg

IMG_March_28_09-0180.jpg

Those curves are amazing! I don't know if the one with the rockin' curves is the Simcoe or Portland slip but they are going to rock when complete.

Walked by today and the tallest curve on the west end is around 6 feet high. I'm 6'1 and I was looking at it at eye level. It'll be interesting to see just how people actually use that part of the deck. It'll either be used tons or not at all. I don't see there being a lot of grey area.

Back