News   Jul 12, 2024
 958     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 836     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 341     0 

Head of Slips (Waterfront Toronto, West 8/DTAH)

The bridges are only for walkers/joggers. In the PDF it shows the different paths for different types of traffic. Everyone will be able to get to the water's edge.

Perhaps this is due to required height and incline? It does seem unfortunate that those in wheelchairs or scooters are exempt from enjoying the continuous promenade because of stairs on a couple of the bridges

The presenatation indicated a clearance of about 4.5 metres for boats to pass under the bridge. Stairs would be required otherwise it would be quite the incline/decline.

I thought so. I'm trying to look up the address to learn more about it.

Mr Google tells me the address is 401 QQ West and says:

BUILDING DESCRIPTION:
The Harbour Terrace is an award winning building, located on the south side of Queens Quay at Spadina. All the suites are positioned at a 45-degree angle to the waterfront, providing each suite with dramatic views of the lake. An open terrace inspires outdoor entertaining with sights, sounds and mood of the waterfront. The spacious interiors of the suites have features such as whirlpool tubs, jenair grills, fireplaces, balconies, and marble bathrooms. The amenities include: 24-hour security and concierge, underground/heated parking, party room, exercise facilities, and an indoor swimming pool.

MIX OF SUITES:
The Harbour Terrace has a number of one and two bedroom suites, plus a few penthouses. Suites range in size from 1300 to 2400 square feet.

slips update

Thanks to Jasonzed on SSC:

mississauga884.jpg

mississauga883.jpg

mississauga887.jpg

mississauga886.jpg

mississauga888.jpg

Thanks for the pix. I still can't get over the magnitude of the waves on the Simcoe deck.

I can't believe the waves are gonna be that high, although I wish they were. Wouldn't that be unusable to walk on?

The ends of the slips are made for enjoying the water, not just walking by. Walking is done on the flatter portion which is closer to the sidewalk. A railing will separate the 'walking' area from the 'chilling' area.

Back