News   Jul 18, 2024
 249     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 684     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.9K     3 

Graffiti

No amount of grandiose technical skill can mask the derivative and puerile nature of the message with most of this stuff. You can only draw as much out of any work of the imagination than was put into it in the first place.

sort of like the 'artist' who came up with the new logo...by dropping 'bell' and changing it to CTV?...That must have been hard ;)

yeah just like that I opened Word, highlighted Bell and retyped CTV, exactly like that...

Thought so....the fanfare surrounding the 'new design' was typical of the corporate that is CTV.

I'm not sure what you mean about "new design" or about "fanfare", I think we simply just made a switch when we moved from Bell. The corporate splash page is not our brand, nor is it what I work on. Our revised brand image will be launched around september

I've been here for just over two years, so since the change happened, and maybe it was a big deal for people that read press releases, since I don't, I wouldn't know, too many to read.
And what website are you referring to? I don't deal with web, I design for on-air then pass that over to the web/print people.

No amount of grandiose technical skill can mask the derivative and puerile nature of the message with most of this stuff. You can only draw as much out of any work of the imagination than was put into it in the first place.

What I defend is works like this example:

grafartaj0.jpg

There's no denying it takes a great deal of artistic creativity and skill to create a piece like that. Many of the more thoughtful and talented artists create images that cleverly play with the surroundings, or convey messages. There's a lot more to street/graffiti art than tagging and those standard giant letters that most people associate it with.

for some reason I can't get these flickr images to post.... the code seems ok, but they won't show in the previous post for some reason... sorry for the double post.

Back