News   Jun 17, 2024
 151     0 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.8K     1 

Goldie's Toronto

BayStreadingroomweb.jpg

On Bay beside the Royal Bank Plaza, right? I have seen her in that spot since at least 2005. Does anyone know her story?

Just a few snaps along Danforth Ave.

Attachments

• Notice wires.jpg
    Notice wires.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 262
  • Wimpy's Diner.jpg
    Wimpy's Diner.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 260
  • Eastminster band.jpg
    Eastminster band.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 265
  • Memorial at .jpg
    Memorial at .jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 266
  • LOGAN store.jpg
    LOGAN store.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 258
  • machines we love to hate.jpg
    machines we love to hate.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 258
Inspired by your ancient Logan Furniture sign Goldie... here's something from the Queen and Sherbourne area.

DSC_0032.jpg

Inspired by your ancient Logan Furniture sign Goldie... here's something from the Queen and Sherbourne area.

DSC_0032.jpg

I expect we both find abandoned storefronts to be somewhat picturesque - so long as there aren't too many, eh?

Sixty years ago this was the Dell Tavern, a fine spaghetti house at Elm & Simcoe.
It's the first place I ever tasted spaghetti that wasn't out of a can - and I was hooked for life!
Does anyone know when it went out of business?

Dell-Hasty.jpg

I used to work on Simcoe St in the 90s and this was a Hasty Market then. So before the 90s, for sure!

I'm surprised this building has lasted as long as it has.

Wasn't there also an upstairs restaurant at the rear? (Entrance on Elm.)

Regards,
J T

Wasn't there also an upstairs restaurant at the rear? (Entrance on Elm.)

Regards,
J T

I don't recall the upstairs facility, but I clearly remember that the ground floor restaurant served a huge plate of spaghetti with "butter sauce" for $ .99

I used to work on Simcoe St in the 90s and this was a Hasty Market then. So before the 90s, for sure!

I'm surprised this building has lasted as long as it has.

They had live music entertainment too; I agree, it was gone by about 1985. The missus and I has cooler places to go.. like the disco in the basement of the Downtown Holiday Inn.

They had live music entertainment too; I agree, it was gone by about 1985. The missus and I has cooler places to go.. like the disco in the basement of the Downtown Holiday Inn.

I remember a dinner theatre upstairs there as well. Entrance closer to St. Patrick church.

Must admit, most of my pix are Photoshopped.

Photoshopping is almost as much fun as shooting.

Back